Author's Note*

What started as a little side story for me. Ended up becoming something personal in the end.

Here is three years' worth of solo brainstorming. I thought it would be best to share what I've been doing for a little while, and give you all a small, or rather, a large explanation of how this story came together. If not, feel free to skip ahead and enjoy the story.

For starters, this whole project originally started as a yandere storyline. Most notably it was a male reader character who controlled the element of fire.

In the three years of mulling over this idea. I found this original version of this story sticking closely with the actual Snow Queen story itself. Anna representing Greta. With a pretty normal, non- Royal life, with a few family secrets.

The male or female protagonist representing Kai. Who controls the element of fire, and is seen as the half-breed bastard child by some of the magical beings in this story.  His, or her father, being tied to magic, and his mother is trying to get her husband back, but never returning home, leaving the mc as An orphan.

Both Anna and the Mc are childhood friends, maybe even romantic partners. That is if, Anna's mother(Iduna) permits it. Yes, Anna's mother and father(Agnarr) would have been alive in this original idea.

Oh, and as for Elsa. Well, as you can already guess She wasn't going to be Anna's sister. She wasn't even born with ice magic. It made sense to me at the time.

She was once a regular Royal diplomat. Two maybe three centuries ago. Who fell in love with a mage who controlled the plants/ used magic spells, and brought joy to many. At least until tragedy stuck the mage. Leaving the young maiden heartbroken and alone.

That was until three witches came to her and told her stories, about the devil's or should I say (chernobog's) mirror that could grant wishes. Does anyone remember 1940 Fantasia? How long has been since you've all seen that guy?

Alone with grief, she has spent years collecting shards(souls) for the mirror with Y/N heart being the last piece of the puzzle. She was also given her powers through the study and use of dark magic.

Then, there is Kristoff. Who would have been a robin hood, and possibly a dash of a Peter Pan-like figure in this story?

This was essentially the original version I had in mind. Not a complete yandere story. More so a tragedy, for a sympathetic Elsa, and it was set up as an Anna x reader. Originally titled. The Phoenix's Frozen heart. (Not the greatest title.)

Then, that's when I saw the first official trailer of frozen 2, and the movie itself of course.

That's when I decided to change up this story because this whole premise just seemed like something you guys might have already read before, And I was kind of tired of the whole, Elsa being the (tragically misunderstood character trope.)

I enjoyed the second movie and all, but I would be lying if I didn't admit, that I honestly expected more.

I had high expectations for the movie, and that was entirely my fault. but with what I ended up seeing, and how it concluded. I was content because it answered the obvious question I, along with many others had.

Who is Elsa, and how can I use that in the story I wanted to tell?

Side note.

The second movie also made me admire Anna's courage and perseverance a lot more than before. Almost to the point where I nearly considered the possibility of starting something once again, with the protagonist and Anna, instead of Elsa, but alas. My brain wouldn't allow it. At least, not this time.