Ch 2: Forest of Dreams*

"Come on, Elsa. Bruni ran this way!" A five-year-old Anna called out, sprinting inside the enchanted forest, chasing after the little salamander fire spirit.

"Slow down, Anna." A nine-year-old Elsa called out to her sister, slowly following behind her. As it soon became apparent to Elsa, asking a salamander to play hide and seek in a vast forest with one energetic little sister wasn't exactly her idea of fun, especially in the afternoon hours before dusk.

If Elsa were honest with herself, it felt more like a game of tag, as it appeared like she was about to lose sight of the two within these very woods. Fortunately, just before such a thing could ensue. Elsa suddenly felt weightless as she was suddenly lifted by an unseen wind force, slowly surrounded by various autumn leaves.

"Hi, Gale. I had no idea you were following us." Elsa said. Giggling to herself as her other friend Gale, the wind spirit, decided to make its presence known by ascending and tickling the young Elsa into the air for a moment, giving Elsa the brief sensation of flying. Just like in her mother's stories.

The wind spirit then placed Elsa back on the ground, allowing the young girl to compose herself. "Do you think you can help me catch up with them? Elsa asked Gale. "Mom and Dad won't be happy if they discover I lost Anna in one of our games again." She explained.

Gale only whisked the autumn leaves upward near Elsa in response.

"Up up and away." Elsa joked. Just as she was about to prepare for Gale to ascend her up in the air once again, the wind spirit decided to move right in front of her instead, using the autumn leaves to morph itself into a humanoid figure, placing its leaf-like arms on both of its sides where a person's hips might be.

"What's wrong?" Elsa asked, confused with Gale's sudden mood change. She soon received an answer by watching the wind spirit transform into what looked like another figure, this time resembling her mother, singing up in the sky.

"You want me to sing my mother's call?" Elsa guessed, remembering how her mother would often tell her and her sister tales of how the wind spirit would only allow one to fly above clouds if you offered a tune along with one's ascension into the skies.

The wind spirit soon formed the leaves into a clapping motion, seemingly praising Elsa for her answer. Elsa, let out a childlike giggle.

"Why didn't you say so?"  She asked, slowly feeling her feet leave the ground once again. Gala flew Elsa above forest trees and into the air, echoing her mother's call.

"AH-AH-AH-AH." Elsa sang with exhilaration flying high into blue skies as she gazed upon the setting sun.
Almost as if she was singing the sun to sleep; however, that moment was short-lived. Once, she felt Gale lowering her back inside the forest, right behind Anna, with Bruni on her sister's shoulder.

"We found you!" Elsa exclaimed as she found her sister peeking behind a bush.

" Quiet, Elsa. You might scare the flowers away." Anna whispered. Neither she nor Bruni looked at her.

"What are you talking about, Anna?" Elsa asked, crouching beside her sister, wondering what caught their attention.

"Look." Anna gestured, giving her older sister enough space to peek behind the bushes. Elsa gasped in awe as she stared at various flowers, such as Roses, liverleafs, heathers, and even snowdrops, all floating past them. On a small straight grassy trail that looked like a smooth green carpet.

"I thought mom and dad said those flowers grew up in the springtime," Anna said.

"They 'bloom' in the spring, Anna, and your right." Elsa corrected as she continued to stare at the unusual sight before her. It was almost as if she was watching a fairy tale story come to life right in front of her. What that tale was, she wasn't sure.