chapter one

"Jacob can you take my shift tonight, I know it's sudden but I need to go to my sisters recital and I can't miss it." I looked over at Nala. I tucked a lose curl behind my ear and nodded. She smiled and embraced me into a big hug thanking me.

My name is Jacob I'm nineteen years old and I worked at a local cafe in england.

Nala pulled away from me and handed me two twenty dollar bills she collected as a tip. "It's not much but here's forty dollars for doing this for me Jacob it means a lot." I glanced down at the money in her hand and shook my head gently pushing her hand back.

"Nala you're like my sister with everything you've done for me I owe you this much keep the money and buy your sister some flowers." She smiled and hugged me once again.

"You're the best Jacob." I slightly smiled at her compliment wasn't like I get them often so when I do I take it to heart. I pulled away hearing someone clear their voice turning around there stood our boss with his arms folded across his chest. I swallowed and got back to work so did Nala.

I knew Nala since our freshmen year of high school. We've been friends ever since. Towards our first year in college we decided to buy a apartment together and get the same job as each other so basically she's my best friend, my roommate and my coworker.

"Jacob get out of your thoughts!" I looked up and seen my boss again. I apologized and went out on the floor taking waiting customers orders.

As nighttime approached it was close to the time Nala had to leave. She went into the back and gathered her belongings as I started to clean up. It was no where close to closing time but since part of Nala's shift consists of closing up I want to make sure that everything is tidy so when the time comes I can just lock up and leave.

Moments later she walked out dressed in her coat and knee high boots. She walked over to me. I adjusted the grey bucket I held against my hip that carried dirty dishes. She grinned at me and pulled her purse over her shoulder. "I'll see you at home." I nodded. She smiled and walked out leaving me there in the middle of the floor. I sighed and walked into the back.

Time slowly past it was only eleven and we didn't close until twelve so I had a full hour left. During this time there wasn't many customers probably like five. Suddenly the bell from the front door startled me. I glanced up and seen the most gorgeous man dressed in a black suit.

I grabbed my pencil and note pad and tucked them away in the back pocket of my black slacks which was part of my work uniform. Mint green collared shirt, black visor with our logo printed on the front in mint green as well, black pants and all black converses. I walked up to him as I started to feel nervous. Don't understand why I felt like this but as I approached his table. I took out my pencil and pad.

"I'm Jacob, I will be your waiter is there anything that I can get for you sir?" I shyly looked up to catch a better look at this man. His jaw was well defined. He looked very muscular telling by how his arm flexed every time he turned the page of the menu. I also caught a glimpse of his silver rolex that looked really expensive. He must be rich or something. He placed the menu down and looked up at me.

I was speechless. He had perfect plumped lips, honey brown eyes that seem like they pierced into my soul. His skin was also honey brown with no flaws, only one scare that was barley visible under his right eye. He's looked like he was in his late twenties. "Black coffee and a chocolate muffin." His voice was deep and husky.

I nodded and wrote it down. "Will that be all sir."

"Yes.. Jacob, that will be all." I bit my lip and hurried off. Oh god why am I so nervous. Once I got his order I walked towards his table. Suddenly tripping over my own feet I fell face first onto the floor right in front of his table!