chapter three

After work I walked home of course. Nala was taking her regular shift so that meant I was going to be home alone for a couple of hours which was actually good. I could catch up on my studying. I opened the door to our apartment and stepped in. I kicked my converses off and walked into my room dropping my bag onto my bed. I grabbed my laptop and climbed onto my bed and got to studying.

"Jacob.. psst wake up."

I leaped up hearing something smash against the floor. Nala stood there shaking her head kneeling down picking up what seemed to be my now broken laptop. I slapped my hand against my head and fell back onto my bed. It's going to take forever just to get another one and I can't say I could use my phone because I don't have one because I don't make enough money to get one. With bills, paying off student loans I just don't have enough.

"You can use mine." I shook my head.

"I'm fine." I stepped out of bed and walked into the bathroom that was located in the hall way.

"I'll make us some breakfast to eat on our way to work."

"You're late." Boss scowled at us as we hung up our coats and put our things away into the lockers. I mentally rolled my eyes because he's always on our butts when we are late but lets everyone else slide. I walked out onto the floor with my now cleaned uniform. Took awhile to get the coffee stain out but I managed to do it. I tied my hair up and walked over to a waiting customer.

"My name is Jacob I will be your waiter what can I get you this afternoon?" I asked without looking at who it was.

"Oh so you don't remember anybody anymore Jacob?" I looked up and squealed jumping up and down. Childish I know but I haven't seen him in like forever!

"Oh my god Ray it's been forever!" He embraced me into a hug and rocked me back and forth. I couldn't help but tear up I'm just so happy it been two years he been gone. He's into photography so he gone to New York and attended a photography school for two full years there. Suddenly I heard Nala squeal from behind me. I pulled away so she could get some Ray time as well. Once we all got finished Nala went back to work but I stood to talk to Ray a little longer. It was clear Ray was happy to see me to but between you and me it's because he still got a crush on me but the feelings aren't mutual he's like a brother to me.

"Hate to bother you Jacob but can you get me a glass of water." I shook my head giving him apologetic look. I nearly forgot I was at work.

"Don't apologize, I'm so sorry is there anything else you would like?" He looked over the menu briefly and shook his head. I nodded and walked into the back.

"A glass of water, little ice." I waited as they poured the drink while I did I heard Nala arguing with boss. Being nosy I stepped closer listening on their conversation. Seems like he was scowling her about being late. Just as I was about to walk away. Boss called me. I was caught.

"Don't act like I didn't see you Jacob get in here." I sighed and walked in seeing Nala slouched in the chair that was in front of his desk rubbing her temple.

"You and Nala here been coming in late-."

"Walter give it a break, all of your staff comes in later than these two be happy they actually work unlike the others." Our heads snapped towards the door. It was his wife. He sighed and leaned back into his chair. "You guys can go give me a minute with my husband." We both left. Walking out I grabbed Rays water and hurried back to him apologizing.

"So are you free tonight?" I was but I really need to study.

"Exams are in a week." He nodded understandingly and stood up pulling money out of his wallet. He scooted out of the booth and held up thirty dollars.

"Keep the change." I chuckled shaking my head he always gave large tips. I use to object but whenever I did it would only made him higher it each time he came so I just accepted it. He smiled and gave me a kiss on the cheek before walking out. I shook my head picking up the glass. As I glanced up out the window I seen Mr.August getting out of the black suv dressed in the same business suit from yesterday. He probably has hundreds of that same exact suit. I thought to myself. He adjusted his cuffs before making his way into the cafe with his bodyguards close behind.

I tried hurrying to the back before he entered but I failed miserably because he had noticed me and called my name. I bit my bottom lip and turned around slowly. His lips curled up. "Nice to see you again sir, someone will be with you shortly." He shook his head and waved his bodyguards off to take a seat leaving him and me alone once again.

"I don't want anyone else but you attending to me. Okay?" I nodded. "Good." Just like that he walked away taking his seat. Gosh! He's so controlling.

After gathering my self I walked up to Mr.August. "What can I get for you today sir?"

"Black eye expresso."

"Will that be all sir?" He looked up at me and licked his bottom lip. Oh sir please don't do that.

"Yes Jacob that will be all." I nodded and scurried away.

As time went by Mr.August seem to stay put talking on his phone even with his expresso gone he stood. It was about that time for me to leave so I got ready. "I'm leaving now." Nala nodded and told me she'll see me at home. I walked from behind the counter and untied my hair. As I headed for the door Mr.August got to it first and held it opened. I looked at him. Did he purposely wait until it was time for me to leave. I mentally shook my head. Of course he didn't why in the world would he do such thing. I walked out thanking him.

"Not so fast, I would like to give you a ride it's cold. Don't want you to get sick." Is he concerned about my well being? Chresanto August the billionaire concerned about me? Of course not get out of your feelings Jacob. The man is just being nice. I accepted his offer and got in as he slipped in beside me.

"Do you always walk home?"

"Yes sir." His nodded his head.

"Well Jacob yesterday was quite enjoyable and I would like to do it again take down my number." I shook my head and he gave me a confused look.

"Sir I don't have a phone."

"An e-mail?"

"laptop broke earlier this morning."

I looked out the window and seen we were here. Feeling embarrassed I quickly got out thanking him for the ride and rushed into the apartment. He must think I'm poor or something. I walked into my room and undressed.

I woke up forgetting I even fell asleep last night. I got out of bed and dragged myself into the living room where Nala was sitting curled up in the couch in her pajamas. It was Sunday so we had no work or school just a relaxing day off from everything. "There's a package here for you." I gave her a confused look. I looked over at the table and seen a brown box sitting there.

"Who's it from?" She shrugged.

"I don't know." I walked over to it.

I hesitantly opened the box. Once I seen what it was, what they was I gasped. Nala looked back at me. Giving me that what-is-it look. I widened my eyes as I pulled out the smaller box then the bigger box.

It was a black iPhone 6s and a Mac Book air.

Holy shit.