TwenTeeToo

"RONY!!!"

Literally.

I felt like an adult for two seconds livin' that commuter life.
And they just shoot it, stab it, and kill it down.

"Rony! Over here!" My parents wave aggressively in my direction.

"Wow he got so tall! Didn't he?!"

You're losing it, Dad... I already hit my 6 foot growth spurt.

I smile at them.
"It's good to see you.."

"We missed you SO much!" Mom exclaims as she hugs and kisses me.

"Tell us everything!" Dad exclaims. "How is physics going? Let me tell you, that stuff will really come in handy in dental school. Your old man was an art major undergrad and I had a lot of catching up to do!"

Your old man? Oh man, who says that?! He's regressing with me away! 🤦🏼‍♂️

"Ssso far so good. I love physics and iiiit isn't t-too hard yet."

"That a boy! Before we know it I will be bringing you into the office with me teaching you to fill your first crown!"

"Glenn! That's illegal!" Mom barks.

"Eh! It's Rony, he's a genius. You know they used to say stutterers are smarter than the rest of the population."

Used to?!
Hell no! We always will be smarter and will take over the world! Hehe jk! 😊

"He says person who stutters, not stutterer, Hon. Get with the times."

Oh shit!

"Yeah, Dad. Get with the times!" I laugh.

"Well how can I get with the times when you're IN COLLEGE, Ro?!"

Man, I missed this banter...

We continue walking through the crowd. Dad texted me earlier that they drove in to the city so we are heading to our car to drive back to the old 'Tuck (Mattituck, NY, in case you forgot. It's ok you can admit it.).

"Where's Mmmmelle?" I ask.

"She was out with some friends at a bar." Mom tells me.

"Oh jeez! Is she with anyone now?"

There's been one or two occasions where I needed to drive out to a bar at 2 am pretending to be Melle's boyfriend to rescue her while she's tipsy 🙄

Mom and Dad look at each other and don't say anything.

"She will have to tell you that.."

Oh dear..

"Alright.." I laugh.