Chapter 1: Home sweet prison

{Rachel's P.o.v } (she is now 12 btw)

Darkness . . .

It was so dark and empty . . .

Denied of any color or happiness . . .

As all my dreams been since I can remember . . .

No color . . .

No light . . .

Not even sound . . .

Just an empty void for what I call a dream . . .

Honestly not much of a surprise for someone that has given up on just about everything?

Even life itself . . .

It would only make sense that my dreams would reflect my mental state as well. Heh; it's almost funny, even in my dreams I can't seem to escape from the cold reality of what my life is . . .

A meaningless void of nothing but pain and suffering . . .

Then; out from the darkness, I started to see a dim light. As if becking me out from the empty void of nothingness . . .

Slowly peeking my eyes open, I was greeted with the all too familiar layout of my boring and plain bedroom . . .
I sat up from my bed that was nothing more than a worn out mattress, 2 Practically flattened pillows, a thin blanket that barely does any good for blocking out the cold; and two wooden things that people have inside the storage building for supporting their stuff.

Without even time to get out of my sad excuse of a bed, I heard the all to familiar voice calling my from the only room that was in the slightest "safe" in this forsaken hell...

A voice that forever haunted me from the age of 5...

Jeff: "Rachel, you better be down here in under a minute you usless bitch! Unless you WANT a repeat of last night!?"

A cold shiver went down my spine after he said that. I removed the covers to see the new layers of bruises that now covered over the meny old ones. I can barely remember a time where there was still skin showing, now it's just a vast desert of black and blue and even cuts all over my broken body.
As my sleepiness wore off, I couldn't help but let a small 'hiss' escape my lips. Now starting to feel the aftermath of Father's latest 'Lesson' as he loves to call them.

Father's latest one really does hurt I'll emit.

'At leasts while I'm sleeping I can't feel the pain of my body, so that something to look forward to when drifting off to sleep. Practically the only good thing to look forward to. . . '
I thought.

pushing the thought aside, I quickly made my way out from my empty and sad bedroom. Not daring to change out of my still ripped up pale gray shirt and shorts from the night before.

I made my way down the hallway and towards the kitchen where my father was waiting for me to cook breakfast for him.

Jeffery: "Well.. Well . . Well . . Look who decided to join us, you look well rested girlie~"