Jealousy or Envy

Xiao Zhan was a nervous wreck for the rest of the week. He hadn't been on a date in a while...heck...he had never been on one with someone from the industry...he was scared that someone would find out...they would be outed and his career would be over..and to top it all he was dispirited that he was going out with Lay...not Yibo, like he had hoped. But Yibo's message was loud and clear in his head..he didn't have feelings for him..atleast not the same way as he does. Yet he couldn't understand Yibo's behavior the other night.. what prompted the jealousy...the kiss...

Xiao Zhan subconsciously moved his left thumb across his lips, remembering the kiss. Did it mean anything to him? Or was it just another one off his cruel jokes? His heart ached thinking that probably the kiss meant nothing for Yibo. He decided not to dwell on the minor hiccup in his plan to move on from Yibo and tried his best to focus on Lay and that brought back the nervousness of first dates. By the time it was the weekend, he was emotionally drained by all the mixed feelings in his head.

They planned to meet for a late dinner at a very private restaurant just off the city limits. Lay wanted to pick him up but Xiao Zhan was still skittish about his sasaeng fans spotting them, so he decided to reach the place on his own and meet up there with Lay. When he arrived, he was ushered secretly to the back VIP rooms where Lay was already waiting for him in one of the booths. On seeing him, Lay immediately jumped and pulled him into his arms.

"Xiao Zhan! I missed you!"

"Huh?" Xiao Zhan was embarrassed being in another guy's arms in public. This was new.

"What? You didn't miss me? Guess you don't like me as much then" Lay scowled. "Hahaha.. I was just joking Zhan..Come..sit!"

"Ah sorry.." Xiao Zhan started

"Forget it! Tell me.. how have you been? I have been dying to meet you..waiting for this date"

Xiao Zhan blushed but said nothing. He couldn't meet Lay's gaze...he didn't know how to respond to that.

"Hmm...ok..let's get you started on some drinks, so you start talking freely..eh?"

"What?" Xiao Zhan raised an eyebrow in protest.

"It's obvious ZhanZhan, you are nervous.. so let's have a drink first to relax okay?" Lay held his hand

Zhan smiled slowly and they both ordered some drinks and food. Lay had a way with words that made anyone feel at ease instantly. That was how these two became so close so fast. It wasn't long before Xiao Zhan relaxed and they started talking as usual updating each other about their individual shows and activities. He finally started to have fun when he spotted Yibo across the room walking towards their booth.

~~

Lay followed Xiao Zhan's distracted gaze and noticed Yibo walking towards them.

"Oh! Hi Yibo. What are you doing here? Didn't expect to see you here." Lay said with a rather unpleasant face. Xiao Zhan buried his face in his food, refusing to look up and acknowledge Yibo's presence.

"Hi ge..I didn't expect to see you here too" Yibo replied coldly.

"Hmm..of course you did Yibo! I told you yesterday I was meeting Xiao Zhan here tonight. Don't you remember?"

"Ah! did you? Must have slipped my mind ge..sorry I didn't mean to disturb you both. I just dropped by to grab a quick drink. Been a long tiring week. I'll just go sit at the bar" Yibo smiled hastily and started to follow the waitress.

"That's fine. Now that you are here, why don't you join us? You are not disturbing, come" Lay gestured Yibo to sit down and Yibo immediately took squeezed down next to Lay.