Chapter Seven

Billie
"Yeah and she said that we should both forget about it. She said she wanted to but she couldn't, so she wanted to kiss me but my question is why didn't she?"

I was currently laying down with my head in Drew's lap with Zoe's head on my stomach. Ranting to them about Elle.

"And she kept saying I didn't want to get "involved with someone like her" I mean what does that even mean? I know she likes me back, at least I'm pretty sure she does. She's just afraid of something and I wish I knew what."

"Honey, it's probably really personal." Drew said softly, gently stroking my hair.

Drew was always the more compassionate one, not that Zoe wasn't compassionate Drew was just more gentle about it. As she was with everything.

"Yeah Bil you never know what someone is going through it could be something with her past that's making her so scared." Zoe stated as she lifted her head up off my lap. I sat up as I leaned back against my wall.

"I know. I just wish she'd talk to me. I mean I know we're not really that close but...I just wanna know what's going on in her head."

"You can't know everything, Bil." Zoe told me.

"Maybe if you just let her come to you. You know don't force anything in her just give her time and maybe she'll come to you that way you won't have to keep chasing after her."

"Yeah maybe." I said quietly going to pick at my fingers.

"Do you want us to stay or would you rather be alone?" Drew had asked in a soft voice.

"I think I wanna be alone. Thank you guys for listening."

"Of course. Remember we're only a phone call away." Zoe kissed my head and Drew gave me a hug before they both left.

And I was left alone with my thoughts. I grabbed my journal out of my drawer and started scribbling away.

I decided to follow Drew's advice and just stop trying so hard and let her come to me on her own time.

A couple moments later my mom had came into my room.

"Billie? There's someone here for you." She told me.

Confused I put my notebook back into my dresser, heading into the living room to see who was at the door to find Alexis there.

"Uhh hey Alexis umm...how-"

"How did I get here? Elle gave me your address. Can I come in?"

"Uhh I guess." I brought her inside and took her to my room. I didn't really know why she was here or what she wanted.

She walked around my room admiring everything.

"I like your room."

"Thanks. So you're here because?"

"Oh right. I wanted to apologize. I think we got off on the wrong foot last time and I wanted to say sorry."

"And you couldn't have told me this at school?"

She laughed a bit. A flirty laugh. She walked closer to me looking me up and down with a really stupid smirk.

"Listen Billie, obviously I like you and obviously Elle is never going to give you the time of day to even consider dating you. So just go out with me and forget about her. Like I said before she can't give you what you want."

"My question is why do you think that? Because you think you're better than she is?"

"Because I know I'm better than she is. I mean look at me."