Chapter 6

jesus fcujk hi 

~

It seems as though Gundham lives here with us lately. He spends at least three nights a week at our place. It's unreal. Well, not that I'm complaining or anything. He's a really good friend. Not to mention that making him flustered is one of my favourite hobbies.

"So, what shall we do tonight?" Gundham inquires, propping his arm up on top of the leather sofa.

"Hmmm, I was thinking maybe we could grab some slushies and head over to a nearby skatepark I came across the other day?" Kaz proposes. I feel my eyes light up at the suggestion and I raise a hand excitedly.

"I'm in!" I announce, grinning widely.

"Me too," Gundham booms in a less excited manner, leaning back further into the sofa.

"Alrighty! Should we head out then?" Kaz asks. Gundham and I nod heads in sync.

We all stand from the sofa and I begin to watch as Gundham slowly pulls his jacket over his shoulders, running his fingers through his un-gelled hair (which is how he wears it these days). He lifts the jacket's collar around his neck and adjusts his scarf.

"What are you staring at, Jinnouchi?" he queries, lowering his head and cocking an eyebrow yet still keeping eye contact with me.

"You. Whoooaaahh, you look sexy when you do that thing with your hair y'kno?" I joke, looking him up and down before exiting the room and going to wait with Kazuichi. I can hear him stammering and grumbling from out here.

"Hey, where's Gundham?" Kaz inquires, irking an eyebrow. I pout and point towards the living room door over my shoulder with my thumb.

"In there," I say calmly. Kaz face palms and chuckles.

Gundham steps out, his scarf neatly perched on his nose, rose red blush spread across his cheeks evenly. Kaz looks at him, then gives me a half-lidded glare, then pinches the bridge of his nose.

"You're having way too much fun with this," he chuckles.

"He's just too teasable!" I laugh.

"I-I heard that Jinnouchi, and I am NOT teasable," Gundham grumbles from underneath his scarf. We all leave the apartment and Kaz locks it before we walk down the endless flights of outdoor stairs.

"So...uh..." I speak, trying to break the awkward silence that looms in the air around us. "Tanaka, what do you do? Like, in your spare time?"

"Oh, I breed animals. And sometimes I perform rituals and spells," he answers.

"Oooh! So you're a master of the dark arts?!" I gush. "Could'ya teach me your ways someday?"

"A mortal like you would not be able to withstand so much power," he booms.

"Awwwe, c'mon!" I sulk. "Can you at least show me how animals do the dirty?!"

And yet again, that has him spluttering beneath his scarf. Just like Kazuichi said earlier, I am having WAY too much fun with this man. I suppose it's just my natural provocative demeanour shining through. What can I say, I enjoy seeing other people's sides.

"Alright, we're at the corner shop," Kaz announces as we all stroll in through the automatic doors.

"Slushiieeeeesss!" I beam, rushing straight for the huge display of machines. There's so many different flavours...I can't choose.

"Hmmm...I want...ALL OF THEM!"

"Kehehe, adorable," Gundham chuckles, handing me a plastic cup with a straw sitting neatly inside.