Chapter 15

woewooewoweowe

im running out of header ideas :(

tw for m//kan again

~

"We're going out for lunch."

"Lunch?" I echo, cocking my head.

"Yup. You know how a couple of months ago I promised to take you to the new Hanamura Diner, the restaurant of the Ultimate Chef?" Kaz smiles. "Well I thought I'd take you there today."

"Awww, that's so sweet!" I gleam. "So, when are we going?"

"Well, it's lunch time now so should we head out?" he proposes.

"Sure thing!" I beam. "I'm glad I got dressed this morning."

The two of us exit the living room and head into the hallway, slipping our shoes on in silence then leaving the apartment block.

"Isn't this place expensive?" I ask as we walk along the gravelled pavement.

"Yup, but I recently got a pay rise! I'm loaded right now!" Kaz exults.

"Oh my gosh, congrats!" I gush. "So, uh, how far away is this place?"

"Oh, only about a mile away," he responds.

"Wouldn't it have been easier to go by car?" I ask.

"Well, we're going to be eating a lot of food so might as well walk it off afterwards on the way home, right?" Kaz replies. 

We walk along the pavement in silence for a bit, forced to listen to the sounds of the gruesome, daytime city, people shouting around every corner, lots of different music blasting from god knows where and birds squawking in the air.

"So, uh, what do they serve there?" I ask curiously.

"Just about any Japanese cuisine," he shrugs.

"Ooh, awesome! Might get some fried calamari, I haven't had that shit in sooooo long," I drool, the idea of its crispiness sounding like heaven to me.

"Heheh, apparently lots of famous Ultimates go there too," Kaz adds. "Last time I went I saw the Ultimate Pop Sensation!"

"Wait, no way! Sayaka Maizono herself?!" I exclaim.

"Mhm!" he nods. "Oh! Here we are!"

We stop right outside a fancy lack and red coloured building with the letters 'Hanamura Diner' painted in cursive on a pop out sign above the door. A cue emerges from the building, slowly but surely going down every couple of minutes. Wow, their service must be amazing here! Fancy lanterns hang from the porch, giving the restaurant a posh, vibrant glow.

"This place looks beautiful!" I beam as we join the end of the cue.

"I know right? It's run by Teruteru Hanamura and his mother," he states.

As the cue starts moving, I see something familiar swish in the corner of my eye.

Wait, was that Gundham's jacket?

I peer over to the bearer of my strange vision to prove myself that it was real, and I end up looking through a café window. And I was right, it is Gundham's jacket. I see him inside the café and I'm about to wave to him, but I see him talking to someone with a small smile on his face. 

And that's when SHE comes in.

An unfamiliar blonde pops into view, walking alongside him. The two seem to be having a great time together, and they must be close because I see the blonde putting her hand on his shoulder.