Chapter 2

During our lifetime on Planet Earth, we've experienced threats that were both human and alien. Along those threats have been heroes, also human and alien, that have saved us again and again. It's not a surprise that there are heroes off world at the moment, doing what they need to do to stop any threat from taking place here on Earth.

That's exactly what New Asgard was doing at the moment. Even though Asgard was destroyed in the year of 2017, their people found refuge here on Planet Earth, creating a new home, hence the name, but after the war, some of the warriors that helped fight found a new planet in the galaxy, one that hadn't been discovered yet. So, with the help of S.H.I.E.L.D, the Asgardians were able to move from Earth to their new home and give the planet a name.

New Asgard is a really nice planet filled with lustrous trees, strange creatures, delicious food. It's a little bit like Planet Earth, except no human life at all. Well, besides the fact that Asgard's people now reside there. A brand new kingdom was built, and the hero known as Valkyrie became its guardian. Yet the one that everyone appointed ruler was the hero known as Thor.

Thor was grateful for the role as king. He knew he wanted to rule with his lover by his side, Jane Foster, so he brought her with him. Jane and Thor ruled peacefully, watching over New Asgard and protecting Earth, since it was his home also. The years went by, and soon a new royal member of the family was brought into existence: a little girl named Toruun. 

The family was happy and overjoyed. Thor loved his little girl, and in return she loved him back. Even her mother was happy. But over the years, while she was growing up, things started to change. Then, one day, Thor disappeared. Jane returned back to Earth, and Toruun remained on New Asgard, watched over by Thor's friends and protectors.

Now Torunn, while living under the protection of her father's friends, began to train to become a protector, a guardian of her planet and her people. She began to train under Valkyrie, a friend of Thor's, who taught her everything that she needed to know. Torunn received a sword, that was forged from the same metal that created Mjolnir, that only she could wield, making her a worthy guardian some day.

During one of her training's, Valkyrie and Torunn were practicing defense. The two were focused in combat. Valkyrie lunged towards Torunn, and she ducked down, somersaulted out of the way, and struck Valkyrie on the shoulder, hitting her shoulder pad. Valkyrie spun around and took her sword as Torunn blocked. The two continued to hit their swords together until Valkyrie had backed Torunn far enough, then struck Torunn's weapon out of her hands, sending it flying off to the right. She then raised her weapon above her head, but just at the last second, Valkyrie flicked her sword and pointed it at Torunn's neck, smiling.

"Never let your opponent back you into a space you cannot find a way out of," she said. Torunn was heavily breathing, hands against the wall. Valkyrie lowered her weapon and sheathed it. "That's enough for today. You've gotten better, but you've still got a ways to go before you're truly ready to defend our people."

Torunn grabbed her sword from the ground, sheathing it as well, and brushed her long blonde hair from her eyes. "I appreciate the compliment, Valkyrie, however I feel as if I'm stronger and can at least defend a few people," she replied. "I'm confident that I'll be able to soon protect everyone."

Valkyrie smirked. "That confidence reminds me of your father." Torunn smiled. She was glad that Valkyrie saw potential and her father's strength and confidence within her. The two of them left the training area and headed to the main hall inside the palace. Asgardians everywhere smiled, waved, and even bowed as Torunn walked by. They really liked her, trusted her. She was very popular amongst her people.

"Ah Princess Torunn! Welcome back!" a voice said. One of the Asgardians and Thor's friend, Volstagg, greeted the two as they entered the main hall. Valkyrie nodded and gave Torunn a wink as she left the two and headed to her quarters. Volstagg shook Torunn's hand.