Chapter 8

The space pod landed onto solid groud with a mighty crash. It shook the entire pod as Toruun held on. When the shaking stopped, she opened the door and stepped out onto the planet. She was back on Earth after many years. It looked about the same, with little to no change.

I have to find help, she thought to herself. If Leanna is after me, she could be on Earth. Looking around she found herself on the edge of what appeared to be concrete. Remembering the Earth term for road, she found herself following it into town.

The busy streets of New York were familiar to her but distant. Everything seemed to be the exact same, but because she hadn't been on Earth since she was a child, the sights felt foreign. Then again, she was an Asgardian. 

People walked around heading to unknown places, most of them not noticing the stranger while some stopped and stared. She could feel the eyes on her, the confusion and the fact that she was out of place here. But she knew she had to find someone, anyone. Anyone who could help her.

As she continued to walk for what seemed like forever, she stopped and took a seat on a park bench, exhausted from walking. She leaned back and sighed. Earth was a huge planet and the cities weren't helping. Leanna could've easily slipped into the crowd of people and blended in. After all, her father was the god of mischief himself, Loki.

While she sat on the bench, she didn't notice a figure join her in her leisurness. She only noticed them when they spoke. "Now I've been around for a very long time to know when someone who shouldn't be here arrives on Earth," they said.

Toruun leaned forward and looked over to her side to see the figure. "How...how did you know?" she asked amazed. The man gave a slight smile. "Well that's the thing. You know who I am, and I know who you are. The question is, are you here for the same reason I am?"

Toruun hesitated to respond and then it clicked. The man sitting before her was dressed in all black with a black cloak, beanie, and wearing an eye patch over his left eye. This was none other than Nick Fury, head of S.H.I.E.L.D himself.

"Mr. Fury! Wow, this is...quite the honor," she said. He shook his head. "That's not important. Again, the question is are you here for the same reason I am." Toruun nodded but then paused. "Is...is she here? Is Leanna here on Earth?"

Fury raised an eyebrow. "So you don't know. I would imagine you already knew, but it seems like you're just in the dark as the others."

"Others?" Toruun asked. Fury stood up. "Let's go for a walk shall we?"

************************************************************************************

Hey guys! So so sorry about the wait! I had school that I needed to finish up and the holidays have been super stressful. This meant that my depression got super bad and I couldn't really focus on anything I wanted to do. All I wanted was to sleep in, eat junk food, and binge watch TV. Understandable, right?

Short chapter, I know, but because of the holidays, I'm trying to focus on getting ready for family and celebrating the holidays with them. Also, there's a new change in my life as my dad is moving out of my childhood home, which is really sad for me. I'll do my best to continue to write.

I do have a new story that's in the works that I'll also be working on and I will be uploading the chapters to Wattpad, just like how I'm doing this story, so stay tuned for that! While you wait, though, feel free to check out some of the other stories I have published. Love you guys and thanks again for being patient. You guys are the best! <3