Chapter Six

Its cold out here. I can't believe I'm waiting outside for him and he hasn't shown up yet. An hour an a half. Typical guy. Flashes me with his charm then I'm falling. Falling hard.

Since I already looked inside I decided to text him.

"You have wasted my time."
"I'm sorry, I'll be there in five minutes."
"Do you do this with all the girls? Ask them out for a date amd freeze them to death?"
"I didn't know it was a date sweetie."
"You got five minutes."

Minutes later I see him pull up in a very old car and it sounded like it was screaming.

It took him a minute to roll the window down. "So, you want me to do the romantic thing and get out the car and open the door for you or you want me to do the jerk thing and just yell get in and honk the horn?"

"The first option would be acceptable."

He gets out and the squeaky sound of the door is unbearable. He walks up to me and takes my hand. My heart skips a beat. Once he's back in the car it is silent but I finally break the ice.

"Since your Jordan from McDonald's I would think you would be famous and rich like Alex from Target."

"He's the exception. Plus, he got famous off of his looks. And for you to compare me to him, you must think I'm good looking."

He smiles. His smile amazes me but I can't stop looking at that scar.

"You could be wrong."

"If I wasn't, would you be here right now?"
Oh shit. "Well you see- I mean- where are you taking me?"

Changing the subject was the best way out.

"Its a surprise."

The word "surprise" stuck out when he said that.