Doma x Tanjiro (9)

Requested by: Lxmon_rxseqChocolatejelloKorudoSama, and lastly, CANDY_POP_LOVERZZ.

Damn, so many people requested this. I hope I got everyone rip.

One thing to add before getting into the story itself, this is a soulmate au type of story. And it is located at a school setting by the way.

Finding feelings.

"Akaza, what are... colours?" Doma had once questioned Akaza; the only person who actually didn't leave the second he saw the blond. "You can see them, right? But what is it even?" Even though it was a question, little to no curiosity could be heard.

When Akaza was asked this question, he could only remain silent as he thought hard about it.

How could he respond to this question?

It wasn't like Akaza really liked Doma either, in any sense. He didn't really try to care about his existence, but Doma just kind of... stuck to him. Whether Akaza wanted Doma to stay or not, he stayed.

Wherever he fucking went-- Doma followed.

Like a pet and an owner, in a sense.

Perhaps, it was because Doma was missing the parent figures in his life, and somehow saw it in Akaza? He doesn't know, it's all very confusing to him. Doma, is like an emotionless, empty shell. Of course, he could function like a human being-- It's just...

Every single emotion he displays, looks so fake to Akaza.

Sorrow, happiness, anger...

In all the time that Akaza has spent with Doma, he has not seen a single true emotion in Doma. No matter how desperately he looked, how closely he watched Doma-- True emotions just seemed to be foreign to Doma.

Akaza opens his mouth to speak, but the words died on his tongue when he thought about his explanation. "I don't know, how to explain it to you." He slowly starts, "It's just something you have to experience to understand."

"What? You don't know how to explain it to me?"

"No, I just cannot."

That conversation was like a match, sparking fire in a forest. Like curiosity slowly taking over, not leaving Doma alone until he fully understood.

Doma wanted to know everything. Being praised as a saint, a savior, made it seem like he knew things others didn't. So, this set up a kind of expectation that he had to fulfill; to know everything.

Everything one could know-- He had to know as well.

Seeing colours is a type of thing that you can't control. It is a signal that is controlled by your emotions... Which was something Doma didn't acknowledge he owned. He once thought feelings and emotions were something irrelevant.

But only now, did he realize how valuable it really was.

It was irreplaceable.

Akaza once mentioned that his eyes were really pretty. It was an attempt to calm Doma down; when he apparently had cried, of course. Akaza had said-- "Your eyes, they're like the rainbow." A mixture of colours... he said. Like a pretty gem... he said.

But Doma couldn't tell what was so good about it.

Even though he looked in the mirror, carefully examining his eyes... He saw nothing but shades.