Wish I Could Escape

Friday, 1:15 p.m.

Lance was quiet the rest of the day, not speaking up in any of his classes. This wasn't too unusual, but still uncommon.  He zoned out, more than usual, mind continuously wandering back to the boy at lunch. 

Finally, the last bell rang and he took the bus home.  He quickly put on a smile before walking through the door of his home. "Tío Lance! You're home!" His niece came rushing up to him, hugging his leg. He chuckled and pried her off, kneeling down to her level. "I'm a bit tired, Nadia, do you mind telling Abuela that I'll be in my room resting?" He asked, referring to his mamá. Nadia nodded enthusiastically and ran off to do as Lance asked, and he Walked to his room, closing the door behind him.

He was greeted by his twin sister, Rachel, whom he had shared a room with since they were born. He dropped his false smile and walked to his bed. "Code Rain?" She asked, already knowing the answer. Rachel was the one person he told about his occasional need to break down. It was hard to keep much from her, due to sharing a room and being twins, but she didn't know exactly what troubled her brother. She was understanding enough not to pry. Code Rain was what they said when he needed to break down. 

He nodded as he plopped on his bed. Rachel was homeschooled, per her own request, which was why she was home before him. He took the drawing Keith had given him out of his folder and stared at it. 'How did he know?' he wondered. He put it on the desk next to his bed. 

He sighed and took out his headphones to listen to music, and his laptop to write. It was something he enjoyed doing to take his mind off of things. Weather it was a song, a poem, a story, depended on what he needed, or what kind of inspiration had struck him. On this particular occasion, It was a story. One he had been working on for the past month. It was about a demon falling in love with a human, a common trope, that he knew, but he still loved it. 

He got about a chapter into it before his mamá called him and his siblings down for dinner. He didn't want to deal with being around people, and Rachel knew that, so she told Mamá that he had a lot of homework and brought him his food before returning to dinner with the rest of the family. This was the normal excuse she used to help him out.

He thanked her, and moved to his desk so he could eat while writing.  He wrote until he eventually ran out of energy to continue. He finished his dinner, and moved back to his bed, laying down and listening to his music. At some point he began silently crying to himself. He stayed like that for a while before falling asleep, hugging one of the many pillows on his bed.

-----------------------------------------------------

this one is short, I know but i just wanted to get it out finally. And before anyone asks, in the first chapter, yes some of that is what actually happened to me that day, while the rest of it is just for the fanfic.

This is my first Klance fanfic and I probably won't update it very frequently due to school, lack of motivation and another project I'm working on.

Anyway, thanks for reading my mediocre writing. I hope you all have a good whatever time it is for you right now, and keep being awesome. Later, boys, girls, and non binary perls!