◇18.STAY OUT OF TROUBLE◇

My instincts hit and I hugged Brady who was standing still and wondering about what just happened.

"What did just happen?" I asked coming out of trance.

And again I heard the loud scream.

"Stay here! Someone must be afraid of darkness ...uh ..that's why they screamed." He said nervously.

I saw his figure going inside.

He too knew the scream was not just because someone got scared, it was because something terribly terrifying was happening inside.

I moved to the front door and saw Ashton coming beside me.

"What happened?" He asked seeing the darkness.

"I am not sure ..I heard someone scream ...uh ..let's go inside?" I said.

"Switch on your mobile's flashlight."said Ashton and we cautiously moved inside.

There was Mia standing with her face in droplets of red paint.

Seems like Someone tricked her by sending ketchup all over her face.

She started crying when she saw us and tried to approach us.

"Omg ! What's that red liquid on her face? She ...she is the ghost." Blurted out Ashton who was standing behind me now.

"Help me please!" Mia said tears rolling down her cheeks.

I stepped forward to look what had happened to her.
When I saw somebody lying behind her.

It was Katherine. I lost my nerves.
She was lying there blood oozing out from the injury on her head. My stomach twisted as I saw the scene.

Hoping not to lose my consciousness I rushed to Katherine to check her.

"She's dead." Said Mia and suddenly fell on the ground as if life had left her body too.

Ashton grabbed my hand and pulled me but I freed myself from him.

"What are you doing Rose? Let's get out of here." He said panicked heavily.

I was not aware of the tears that escaped my eyes.

The thought that all of our friends were in this house except for me,Brady, Ashton and Aspen was making me cry even more.

"We have to find the others." I said

"We have to call the cops." Said Ashton and rushed outside.

I stood there blankly when I heard another loud cry which was most probably Stella's.

The voice came from the kitchen where I rushed to immediately.

But the kitchen was empty.

I opened the back door and peeked outside.

There was Stella crying in arms of Nathan.

Brady and Ryan kneeling down and doing something.

I set my foot outside when Zayn came and grabbed my arm.

"Brady told me to drop you home. Let's go." Said Zayn turning me around. Zayn had a sweaty face with confused eyebrows and lot of fear in his eyes.

Something was definitely fishy here.
Katherine was lying dead inside. Did anyone present here knows that?

The most hurt would be Brady and Giselle.

"Where's Giselle?" I asked.
That was when Brady turned his head to me and I saw Giselle lying before him.

Her mouth was foaming with white foam and ...and she was having seizures.

I couldn't control myself and ran towards her crying . That was when I heard the Ambulance siren.

The people came and took Giselle in a swiftly on the stretcher before I could take a proper look.

I stood there gazing blankly on the spot where she was lying just seconds before.

Strong hands grabbed my arms and guided me from the poolside to the roadside.

Nobody went through inside the backdoor near kitchen.
If we had then we would have seen Katherine there lifeless.

Many police cars were surrounding the house. The sirens blaring ,breaking the quietest hour of night.

Ashton stood there blankly.
His eyes were pale.

I moved to him and he hugged me tightly.
I held his hands and tried to speak some words of affection but couldn't come up with anything. It was when I noticed.

"Ashton?" He didn't respond. I saw he was so sad , this happening on his birthday at his place was unimaginable.

"Ashton? Where's the mark?" I asked him about the mark I had made on his hand with the lipstick.

He raised his eyebrows then as realization hit him,"It must have worn off. It was raining some time ago."

I nodded my head.

The paramedics came with Giselle lying unconscious.

"She had an intake of poison. Call the concerned." Said a paramedics person.

Ryan was there crying his eyes out. Not ready to accept what had happened to Giselle.

I guess he didn't know about Katherine.

The paramedics brought Katherine's body now.

Nathan was quick to turn Stella around and not let her see the scene which was very much disturbing.

Ashton gasped as he saw Katherine in that position.

"What are you doing? Stop her bleeding." Yelled Brady but no one in particular listened.

He attempted to go near Katherine but stopped when another person was carried outside.

I expected it to be the unconscious Mia.

But was surprised to see Aspen on that stretcher.

As on cue Ryan rushed to Ashton who seemed to loose his consciousness.

Whereas Stella screamed her heart out watching her Brother like this.

Nathan too started crying in the process of holding her.

This loosened his grip on her and she rushed to Aspen.

"Get up ! What happened to you?Just get the hell up." she cried as she pulled his jacket in her fists.

It took me and Brady a minute to get her off from Aspen.

"I'll drop you. Let's go." Said Zayn.

"You can't go anywhere kiddo. We have an investigation to do." Said a well built policeman.

And I remembered my Mom's words. 'Stay out of trouble.'

'