Prologue

Humans are created in pairs.

The sentence above is something we must have often heard from lips to lips. It is not a strange phenomenon anymore if we find many people around who believe that they will find a life partner tomorrow. Even though it's not known when, who, how, or where to meet, this still doesn't eliminate people's dreams of this statement.

The world has created a system in which humans have two important things in the body which will be a marker of their future partner or can be called a "Soulmate". Eyes and heartbeat, these two parts work together. If imagined in an incident, when humans go to the forest and get lost, the eyes and heartbeat act as compasses and maps—hopefully they can help in finding a way out.

Is that all? Certainly not.

When a human has reached the age set by the universe, they will have two eyes with different patterns. The right eye is the original color while the left one has the color belonging to the Soulmate. Most humans will have two colors, each of them is very contrasting. For example, blue and brown or gray and green. However, not infrequently there are also differences that aren't even very visible, for example the two eyeballs have a gray color, but what makes it different is the darkness or the lightness of the complexion.

Fortunately, the fortune goddess is very siding with humans, so there is one other way that they can do. A person's heart would beat as fast as their Soulmate. If it slows down, then the others are beating slowly too. If it is filled with adrenaline, it will also beat fast. It could be, for example, that A is taking a gym lesson which requires them to run one kilometer, their heart is beating very fast while B—their soulmate—are doing a test in class, suddenly also panting like after running around the field. Often happens, but this is common.

So, what if the heart of one of the two people stops beating because death has already taken?

It is in these conditions that humans will say that the world is not a fair place. Because, if it really happened, the human partner's heart would also stop beating. In fact, not infrequently when the angel of death has finished working, the condition of this human couple has never met or known that they are Soulmates. So sad and pathetic. However, all of that did not happen immediately. There is a 12 hour pause before the two humans will finally meet each other in different realms.

The Soulmate system has a profound effect on human life itself. There are those who accept it very sincerely, there are also those who cursed God every day for making the universe behave like this. Feelings of joy will come to humans who have met their Soulmate, as expected. Sadness will come if someone has lost the Soulmate due to the sickness they are suffering, more miserable because after that they know that soon their heartbeat will also stop beating. There was nothing they could do when all this turmoil happened.

Humans can not help but leave everything to fate ...

... And let the eyes and heart work in determining its journey.