CRUSH

Miro Hana was weird.

The students avoided him and the teachers were okay as long as he  scored good marks and sumbit his homework on time.

His long bangs always dipped over his warm chocolate brown eyes. And he always had his nose in a book.

Miro Hana was lonely.

Only when it rained would he feel closer. To what, he didn't knew but he felt closer to something every time it rained.

The only time Miro Hana wasn't holding a book was when it was raining. He could be found, in an empty open space with his arms stretched and smiling up the sky as he stood under the rain.

Miro Hana had a secret.

He likes boys.

And he is so in love with  Takara Shima. The boy with dark hair and bright green eyes. Shima was half British and his accent did nothing but add into his charm.

Hana sighed to himself at the thought of his crush. He pushed away the thought of those bottle green eyes away and raked his eyes through the shelf filled with books.

He was in the library preparing for his mid term exam. The summer heat was unbearable outside but the cool AC in the library was soothing.

Just as he took out a book from the shelf, the sudden loud chattering sound outside caught Hana's attention.

In summer sudden rain fall was expected, Hana's dull brown eyes suddenly brighten at the sight of rain. Excitement bubbled inside him as he hastily put the book, he had took back in it's place and walked out of the library in hurried steps.

When he was out of the library, Hana looked at the falling rain drops and grinned. He hardly looked at the people around him escaping from the rain with books or bags over their head.

Hana stepped into the rain.

The moment those wet rain drops fell on his skin, Hana felt home. The rain drops trickled down his neck, tingling him but leaving a warm sensation in it's passing.

People around Hana gave him funny looks but Hana was too busy getting lost in the rainfall. Each drop felt precious. Each drop felt like home. Each drop tugged Hana's heart string in a feeling of nostalgia.

For what he felt nostalgic, he didn't know.

But the rain always felt like home.

It felt like a lover hugging him, protecting him and showering him with kisses.

Suddenly, Hana would no longer feel any raindrops on his warm skin.

He frowned.

He opened his eyes only to find a black umbrella blocking the sky. His eyes trailed down the umbrella's handle and the slender pale hand holding it. He followed the hand towards the owner of the hand and umbrella.

His breathing hitched.

Takara Shima was grinning at him.

"Takara san," he mumbled.

Takara Shima just smiled.

"You are the only person who goes willingly to the rain." Shima mused, "Do you like the rain so much?"

Hana raised his hand and let the rain drops wet his hands and fingers.

"I love rain."

Takara Shima quietly observed Hana. His bowl cut black hair which always looked fluffy was wet and Takara tried his best not to run his hand through it.

Whenever Shima saw Hana in the school, his eyes always looked dull. But right now, up close those chocolate brown eyes looked so bright and warm.

Shima had no idea why the lonely boy had caught his eyes. Or may be he exactly knew why.

Shima was tired.

He had been practicing the piano for hours and the summer heat was getting in his system.

"Ten minutes break," his teacher said and walked out of the room.

Shima hurriedly grabbed his bag and took out his drink. As he gulped the drink, the summer sky suddenly darkened.

Shima watched the sky turn dark and the rain started falling. Shima observed the rain drops trailing down his window slowly. He watched the rain drops race with each other before falling into the window sill.

Suddenly, a faraway silhouette caught his eyes. The figure had their arms spread, everyone around them were escaping the rain but the figure stood under the rain with spread arms.

Shima grabbed his umbrella and dashed out of his practice room. When he was out of the building, he opened the umbrella and jogged towards the figure.

As he got nearer, he saw the figure was a boy around his age, his blue and white striped polo shirt was drenched. His dark hair was wet too but the boy was facing the sky with a smile. He looked so happy and unbothered.

"You will catch a cold!" Shima exclaimed and covered the boy with his umbrella.

The boy was a head shorter than Shima. His thin eyebrow furrowed and created two small dimples between his brows.

He lowered his head and looked at Shima.

Shima nearly dropped the umbrella in surprise.

The boy had wide set of chocolate brown eyes which looked light and bright. The rain drops that were on his pale skin gave him a strange kind of allure, making him look even more attractive.

His hair was dripping wet which made Shima uncomfortable but the boy didn't seem to be bothered with a dripping wet hair.

"I am practicing my piano," Shima said and pointed a thumb towards the building he came from, "I saw you from the window and came, let's go inside and get you dry."

"I willingly stood in the rain," the boy mumbled.

Shima raised an eyebrow. He knew the boy was willingly standing in the rain but Shima's naturally caring persona had him jog here for the person.

"I know," Shima said, "But standing in the rain is harmful for your health."

"Come with me," Shima said when the boy opened his mouth probably to oppose, "I am Takarua Shima by the way."

The boy pursed his lips and it took everything in Shima to maintain eye contact with the boy inside of looking at those plump lips.

"I am Miro Hana."

Shima took in a sharp breath but flashed a grin at Hana. His chest seem to run out of breath whenever he looked in those warm eyes.

Little did he knew, his green eyes also had the same effect on Hana.

Ever since that day, Shima and Hana had developed a weird friendship when they discovered they go to the same school.

They did not talk much but Shima would be there with an umbrella whenever it rained.

Like always Shima was here with an umbrella for Hana. Hana didn't know whether he should be angry at Shima for ruining his calm moments with the rain or not.

"There is a cafe nearby, let me treat you to a warm cup of tea."

Second chapter and we already have a love rival who is a sweetheart :')