A FAMILIAR FACE

"Ryu kun!"

Ryu looked behind and grinned at the approaching figure.

"Senai senpai," Ryu smiled at her.

Senai had long white flowing hair and her body glowed a faint white light. She was a star spirit, she had been in the spirit releam before Ryu had came and she was appointed as his mentor.

"Ryu kun, Seiryu sama has sent you the places where you are going to rain for the year," she said and handed Ryu a roll of pharchament paper.

Ryu unrolled the pharchament and his eyes widen in surprise, when he read the name of the palaces.

"I am going back to Japan?" Ryu asked.

Senai grinned, "Seiryu sama, said that the spirits should now start going to the place of their origin you have been in Greece for too long."

"What about you senpai?" Ryu asked.

Senai shook her head, "I want to stay here for sometime."

Ryu frowned, "Is it because of the human man?"

Senai just grinned at him, confirming his suspicion.

Ryu sighed. Spirits are suppose to protect human and only that. They had only one duty towards human and the Earth and nothing else.

However, Senai had fallen in love with a Greek painter. He knew about the man because whenever Ryu released rain around the area by the large lake, the painter would be found under a tree shuddering from cold with a ruined canvas and Senai would drown him in paperwork for a week.

"Senpai, this—"

"I know, I know!" Senai said, she hugged Ryu from behind and ruffled his long dark hair with was always messy, "Connection between a human and spirit is forbidden but let this single senpai of yours dream, okay?"

Ryu didn't liked it at all but he nodded.

"Just be careful." He mumbled.

""Don't worry about me kid," Senai said, "But you need to head to the transportation department and register your name, let's go!"

After visiting the transportation department, Ryu did his usual duty and went on patrols.

He was feeling excited for tomorrow but realised that he doesn't remember anything about the palace of his origin.

Before he was transformed into a spirit, all his memories including the other spirits' were stored away in the Chiyo tree, up in the heaven.

Nevertheless, Ryu was excited to head Japan.

Next morning, his travelling portal had been ready, some of his friends had also came to say goodbye to him.

"Do visit us during the winters," Ruko one of the cloud spirit said as he hugged Ryu tightly.

After saying his goodbyes, Ryu entered the dark blue portal. One the other side of the portal, Ryu found himself infront of a large shrine.

The shrine was dedicated to his main boss, Seiryu one of the four protectors.

Ryu entered the shrine, and a baby dragon spirit was by the main entrance.

"Erm, hello," Ryu greeted.

The blue baby dragon, flashed it's golden eyes at Ryu.

"Are you our new rain spirit?" It asked, in a shrill baby like voice.

It took everything in Ryu not to coo at the baby dragon but he couldn't trust himself so, he just nodded.

"Papers!" It ordered, in the same baby like voice.