Chapter 4

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Saint's POV

The next few hours were full of chaos and frantic yelling and screaming.

"We have to get him to a hospital! Dali, dali, please!" Iain's mom was begging no one in particular but since we were all there I assumed that she was talking to all of us present all at once.

(A/N: Filipino word "Dali dali" means "hurry". Thanks to a multilingual friend who refuses to be named here.)

Paolo and Perth were already half carrying half dragging Iain out the house and into the street were Paolo had parked his car right in front of Iain's gate.

After settling Iain into the front passenger seat, Paolo turned to Iain's mom.

"Are you coming with us, mom?" he asked.

"Of course," Mrs. Pangilinan replied grumpily.  It was clear that she was still upset with Paolo for starting the whole mess.

Then Paolo turned to Perth and me.

"Both of you are coming with me to help me get Iain into the emergency room." Paolo was not asking. He was dictating. "And who between the two of you is his boyfriend again?"

I turned to Perth. He had a panicked look on his face.

Before either one of us could answer, Iain's mom yelled at Paolo. "Stop asking questions and get us to the hospital now!"

We all climbed into Paolo's car. 

I turned to look at Perth once we settled in the back seat. Whew! Saved by the bell, Perth seemed to be thinking.

It was an awkward silent commute to the hospital. No one said a word on the way to the hospital.

Paolo was lucky to find a parking spot close to the entrance to the emergency room.

After Paolo turned off the ignition, he climbed out of the car and walked over to the front passenger seat.

Perth and I and Iain's mom got out of the car as well. 

Paolo bent to open the door of the front seat.

To his and everyone else's surprise, Iain climbed out of the car.

"What are we doing here?" were Iain's first words after looking around at his environment.

"I have taken you to a hospital to be examined by a doctor because you passed out in your living room after you declared that one of these ugly guys is your boyfriend!" Paolo angrily replied.

"Hey!" both Perth and myself protested. We were not going to let him get away with calling us ugly.

Iain turned to where Perth and I were standing. I looked at Perth. He seemed to be sending a silent message to Iain.

"I can explain after you get us back home," Iain was pleading to Paolo.

"No! You are going to explain to me right here, right now!" Paolo declared firmly.

"Paolo," Iain's mom who had been silent all this time spoke up. "It's best that we all go home first and then you can clear up whatever misunderstanding there might be when we get there."

Paolo was silent for a brief moment before saying, "Very well."

I heard Perth give out a sigh of relief. He must be thanking his lucky stars and Iain's mom for saving him from Paolo's wrath for a second time.

We then all climbed back inside the car.

Before Paolo could turn the ignition on, I saw Iain place his hand on Paolo's arm.

"Babe, can we first drop off Perth and Saint at their respective hotels? I promise I will explain everything to you the moment we get home," Iain was almost tearfully pleading, his hand making squeezing motions on Paolo's arm.

I glanced surreptitiously at Perth to see what his reaction was at Iain's calling Paolo his "babe" but Perth's face was expressionless.

Paolo did not respond to Iain's pleading right away.

Then after what seemed to be an eternity, Paolo turned his face to us.

"At which hotel are you booked?" he asked.

"Pearl of the Orient Hotel," Perth and I answered at the exact same time. (A/N: It is a fictitious hotel name. Author doesn't know if such a hotel exists.)

Then Perth and I turned to look at each other with shocked faces.

Had we been staying at the same hotel without knowing it???