━━━━━━ 12

CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE . TWO FUCKING STEPS BACK

— — — — — —

"Y/N! Y/N! Y/N!" a cheery and energetic young boy yelled as he knocked furiously at the door, and eventually became impatient and barged into the room.

"I want you to play with me onee-chan!" he beamed, making the girl smile at him as she ruffled his hair.

"Alright, kiddo. But please let me sleep for five more minutes." the little boy creased his brows, taking one of the pillows that fell on the floor and threw it at her face.

"HEY!" she said, shooting up from the bed with a deadly look that her little brother wished he didn't see.

The little boy gulped nervously, tears now threatening to spill on the corner of his eyelids, "I-I just wanna p-play,,," he pouted, his pointy hair deflating: an indication of his disappointment.

Y/N could do nothing but sigh, patting the bed as the little boy walked towards it and sniffed loudly to guilt-trip his sister, "I promise after five more minutes of sleep, we'll play with your new psp together, ok?" 

Like streetlamps slowly opening one by one, the hope in the boy's eyes returned gradually, his hair spiking up again as he tackled her for a tight hug.

__ __ __

The sight of her chest rising and falling, along with her obviously, loud snores was probably the only thing that comforted Fuegoleon and William's mind.

Usually, Yami would've made a rather rude comment about how ridiculous she looked in her state, but he couldn't bring himself to. Nozel didn't even complain about her loud snoring, which was totally unlike him.

He chastised himself over how pathetic he must've looked when he mocked her when all she was trying to do in reality was protect Fuegoleon, even if it meant sacrificing her life just like that.

The girl suddenly appeared out of nowhere as they fought off the last of the zombie-like creatures, her body laying flatly, not moving an inch. She had no wounds, nor scars visible on her body. Absolutely no change at all, except the fact that she had those markings on her wrist.

On the other hand, William just stood there— definitely not awkwardly— staring at her sleeping figure with the book she left in his hand. 'Please wake up, Y/N...'

__ __ __

When the scent of vanilla went through the sleeping person's nostrils, they felt like they were being called to wake up, as though beckoning them to come closer so whoever or whatever it may be will be able to wrap their arms around her.