Part 19

-"Sam!"

I lift myself up on my wings and fly past Loki, heading over to Sam who throws me the sceptre.

It sends itself in my direction, before a grip is felt on the tail of my delicate wings. The flying stops and I'm pulled back greatly. I tumble backwards, dust entering my nose and covering my body.

"Don't try it, angel." Loki mutters, catching the sceptre as it ends it's flying.

I feel my bones creak as I attempt to stand up, feeling slightly winded. I watch as Sam tries to take on Loki, but with that menacing sceptre, it's impossible.

Sam flies towards Loki at full speed, however Loki stops him, holding the sceptre out in front of him. Sam stops flying, and sinks the sharp, pointy end of the sceptre at Sam's chest. Sam freezes, looking down at the silver metal, and when his head arises, alarms ring in my head.

His eyes are beginning to be eaten away by the same blue energy that comes off the weapon. There's magic in that sceptre. If I don't stop Loki, Sam might die.

I zoom forward, flapping my wings with all my might. I shoot up, then dive down, extending my leg and aligning it with the image of the sceptre. My foot makes contact with the handle, and I bring it down to the group with a boom, Loki being brought down with it. The ground shakes as I hit the floor. Loki lies flat on his stomach, almost immobile. When I try to check on Sam, horror strikes.

The pointed end of the sceptre must have still been touching him. A long, bloody scratch falls from the tip of his breastbone to the bottom of his stomach, his shirt torn where the sceptre sliced. Blood begins to peak out of his clothing, and drips between his legs, each crimson drop falling one after another.

"Sam!" I exclaim, catching him in my arms before he hits the ground, falling forward. His weight crashes onto me. He feels completely lifeless under me. His chest heaves struggling breaths as the pain begins to take over him.

While Loki is still grounded, I attempt to get Sam to safety.

I spot a building with a cement over-head cover that's the floor to a balcony above. I make my way over, wasting no time to defeat Loki and get Sam medical attention.

Where is Wanda and Tony? I know we were meant to let them know, but they are at opposite directions of the compass. Who knows where they'll be?

I set Sam carefully onto the ground. His sits, clutching his wound in his small hands.

"Stay here. I'll deal with him." I order, resting my hands on his shoulders.

"Freedom, y-you'll die." He protests, but I'm not afraid of death. I have many things to live for, however, what's the use of my life when I can't go back home to Olympus? It's a sacrifice that's worth it.

"It's a sacrifice that's worth it." I tell him. I give him a reassuring smile before turning to the public who gaze in terror at the bleeding man in front of them.

"Nobody touch him!" I demand. They don't respond, but I assume they heard my words.

I better tell Wanda and Tony. I can't fight Loki with that thing, one-on-one. It's suicide.

I fly out from under the covered area and into the sky, shouting as loud as I can.

"Wanda! Tony!" I yell.

My voice reaches the heavens as it booms and echoes. Several windows of the tall infrastructures crack, small pieces of their transparency dripping to the ground, falling peacefully, piece by piece. Birds fly as my sound waves carry them in the wind. They fly in groups, put off by my disturbance.