Chapter 8: Teresa

~Y/n P.O.V.~

Gally and I spent more time together, until me and him left for the city once again. We all decided I'd go and get Teresa, considering I was the closest to her. Gally led me through the sewers, his hand in mine. Soon, we made it to the door, and I left Gally, putting up the hood so no one could recognize me.

Walking through the city, I soon stopped in a crowd, staring at the bright blue eyed girl from across the road. She was looking down at her feet, my eyes staying on her every move. Finally, she brought her eyes up, meeting mine. Her eyes widen, her posture becoming straighter as she continued staring at me.

Just then, a bus drove in-between us, and that's when I decided I'd start walking away. I knew she'd follow me. And I was right. Once I made it through the crowd, I turned to my right, making my way to where Gally was waiting for me. I could hear the sound of Teresa's heels following close behind me. Sounded like she was jogging.

"Y/n?" Teresa called out in question.

Moving my feet faster, I turned the corner, looking back at her over my shoulder, before I hid behind a wall, soon hearing her footsteps come to a halt. Peaking over the wall, I watched Teresa search for me. After a couple seconds, I came out, pulling my hood down as she slowly turned around, meeting my e/c eyes.

"Y/n." Teresa breathed out.

"Hey, Teresa." I mumbled.

Teresa started shaking her head. "You shouldn't be here. If Janson finds out you're here-"

"I'm not staying." I interrupted her. "It's just, uh... I had to see you." I had walked closer to her, till we were face to face. "I have to ask you something. Do you regret it? What you did to us?"

As I looked into Teresa's eyes, I saw them get glassy. "Sometimes. But I did what I thought was right. I'd do it again."

I frowned. "Good."

Her eyes seemed to widen in realization as I looked behind her, watching Gally come over. Before Teresa could fully turn to face him, he stuffed the bag over her head.

~

We made it back to the cathedral, all sitting in front of Teresa, watching Newt take the bag off her head. Her eyes followed him, before she looked at Gally, as Newt sat down on one side of me, Thomas on the other side.

"Gally?" Teresa questioned in shock and disbelief.

"Here's how this is gonna go." Gally started. "We're gonna ask you some questions, and you're gonna tell us exactly what we need to know. We'll start off simple. Where's Minho?"

"You guys seriously don't think-" Teresa started, her eyes drifting to mine.

Gally slammed a chair in front of her, making her snap her gaze back to him, her eyes widening. "Don't look at her. Why are you looking at her? Look at me. She's not gonna help you."

Teresa ignored his demand, glancing back at me again. Tears laid in both our eyes as we stared at each other.

"Now, we know you have Minho in the building." Gally spoke. "Where?"

"He's with the others in holding." Teresa gave in. "Sublevel three."

"How many others?" Newt asked.

Teresa gulped. "Twenty-eight."

Gally glanced back at Brenda. "I can make that work."

"No. No, you guys don't understand." Teresa quickly objected. "The whole level's restricted. You can't get in without a thumbprint ID."

"That's why you're gonna come with us." Thomas informed.

Gally shrugged. "Well, I don't know. We don't necessarily need her. Right?" He stood up, moving the chair out of the way. "Not all of her." Walking to the table, he picked up a scalpel. "We just need her finger."

"Gally, back off." I objected softly.

"What, are you squeamish?" Gally questioned. "I guarantee you she's done a lot worse to Minho."

"That's not the plan." I stood up, taking the scalpel from his grip. "Back off."

"It won't make a difference." Teresa said confidently. We turned our heads to her. "Do whatever you want to me. You still won't get through the front door. The sensors will pick you up the-"

"We know." Thomas cut her off. "We're tagged. Property of Wicked."

I walked closer to her, crouching down beside her. Teresa's eyes followed my every move. "You're gonna help us with that, too." We stared into each others eyes.

~

Everyone else had gone before me, now I was the last one to go. Sitting down, my back facing Teresa, I had hoped that she wouldn't start a conversation.

"Try to relax." Teresa said. "This is gonna sting." She rested her hand on my shoulder, making me tense up.

"Let's just get it over with." I mumbled.

She started picking at the back of my neck, making me grunt in pain a couple times. She was right. It did sting.

"So, Gally's... alive." Teresa trailed off. Her voice sounded... sad.

I nodded a little. "Yep."

She didn't say anything else, just sighed sadly to herself. After a minute or so, Teresa spoke again. "She's looking good. Healthy. How've you been getting her serum?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Brenda." Teresa sighed, answering. "I didn't think she'd still be alive. When was her last treatment?"

"At the Right Arm." I started. "The last time we saw you."

"But that was months ago." Teresa reminded. All of a sudden, I felt a pain in my neck, making me jump away from her, taking the chair with me. I glanced at her, seeing her eyes were wide. "Y/n, that's not possible. She should've turned by now. There's no way she could possibly still-"

"Alright, that's enough." I stood up, cutting her off as I moved the chair out of the way. I started walking away from her.

"You don't believe me?" Teresa walked after me.

I turned back to her. "Do you really expect me to? You made your choice."

"Everything okay over here?" Gally's voice spoke up from behind me.

"Yeah." I glanced at him. "Yeah, we're done."

I started walking away, but pecked Gally's lips before walking to the table where Brenda stood, cleaning a gun.

"You two were really close, weren't you?" Brenda spoke up.

I nodded sadly. "Yeah."

"Were you in love with her?" Brenda questioned.

"Uh..." I trailed off. After Gally's 'death,' Teresa was there for me when we were in the Scorch. She never left my side. I will admit, I had started to feel things. Sometimes I still feel them, but it was never like how I felt for Gally. "I don't know."

"Just be careful." Brenda stated. "You sort of have this problem where you can't walk away from people. Even when you should. You can't save everyone, Y/n." She held out the gun for me to take.

I took it, looking into her eyes. "I can try."

Giving me a small smile, she walked away, leaving me to finish getting ready. Looking at a random spot, I cocked the gun, many things going through my mind.