Part 1

     She was the epitome of beauty and grace

     She was the epitome of beauty and grace. With her brown, glimmering skin and the bounce of her curls, she had many at her feet. But she didn't let her looks get her anywhere. She worked hard to get where she is today. She was the best in her field; well-respected and successful.
(Y/m/n) was a well-known scientist. She was usually all about business but one night, a friend of hers convinced her to let loose. Letting loose meant taking up an invitation to a Stark party; maybe have a couple drinks, dance around a little.
Stark was entranced by the woman's elegance as soon as she stepped in. The way the light bounced off her smooth and clear skin; he thought she was a goddess. He used the signature Stark charm and next thing the two geniuses knew, they were in bed together.
That's how she became pregnant with you. The woman decided to not even try contacting Tony Stark because there was a high chance he'd either pay her off or just flat out ignore her. He had quite the reputation of being arrogant and rude as well and decided she didn't really want her child growing up around that anyway (not to mention the amount of parties and affairs that man has).
Besides, it wasn't like she needed him to raise a child. She was a strong, independent woman and didn't need a man's help to get along. Her father was absent so it was just her and her mother. And look where she is now; good job with stable money and now about to start a family. She was going to be a good mother to this child regardless if the sperm donor was around.
When you were born, (y/m/n) was probably the happiest she had ever been. Just holding you in her arms, looking at your (s/t) skin and the curls that were already on your head. She fell in love with just one look.
As you grew up, your mother saw the similarities between her, Tony, and you. She had always been quite intelligent, but she was definitely not at your level so young. At the age of 5, instead of learning to ride a bike or tie your shoes—two things you learned to do at age 3—you were reading middle school level material. While your father only excelled in science, you excelled in almost all subjects. By the time you were 6 you were in 8th grade. You could've been in high school but, everyone was skeptical about a little black girl being so smart—and they didn't want one outshining their kids (those damn Karen's I swear).
Everything was perfect to you. You had a great mom and you were achieving things people quadruple your age couldn't do. Then things weren't so good.
Your mom had been diagnosed with cancer. By time she found out she had it, it was too late. No treatments could possibly fix it.
Everyone figured you didn't know what was going on, but you did. All you heard was, "mommy's going to a better place," or "she's going to be okay." They were all lies. The best place she could be was here with you, is what you thought. Your mommy was dying and there was nothing anyone could do about it.
When (y/m/n) did pass, you were about 7. It was the beginning of 2008. You thought the funeral was nice, but swore that the next person who told you they were sorry for your loss, you'd poke their eyeballs out.
You tried not to cry, you really did, but you couldn't help it. She was your mom, the one person who stood by and really understood you; your best friend, your rock.
The funeral was about a month after she died and before then, you had been in a foster home. They were trying to contact any relatives they found, and the only to pick up was, you guessed it, your father.
When Tony received the call, he honestly shouldn't have been as shocked as he was.
At first Tony wasn't going to pick up the girl. He thought that she'd be fine without him since she already went so long with his absence. But someone (Obidiah) encouraged him to do it, claiming it would be good press and give him a nicer image.
So the next day, he went up to that orphanage and picked you up. From there he held a press conference and introduced you to the world as (y/n) Stark.
You didn't like any of it at all. Firstly you were a (y/l/n) not a Stark. Secondly the minute you stepped into that mansion, the man left you without a second thought. You were left to fend for yourself in this gigantic place without any guidance.
You knew what the man was up to; trying to make himself look better. It was cruel and unfair to you. You just wanted your mom back or at least a loving set of parents.
The day after you were introduced to the world as (y/n) Stark, you were rarely seen again; hardly ever stepping outside of the mansion let alone your room. Whatever education you didn't have, you quickly finished online.
It was lonely. Yes, you heard the people coming and going out of the house and the occasional conversation, but you felt isolated. Like you were sitting on a remote island surrounded by water that went on for miles and miles. You should've been out socializing with kids your age. Not sitting in the bed with the covers up to your chin, grieving your mom with no one there to help you.
A few months had passed and eventually most forgot who you were. Soon, Tony was kidnapped. You were informed of it not by person, but from the news. By time you found out the man was gone he was home safe and sound.
After the whole iron man deal, you were just even more in the background. It hurt you, it really did. As an 8 year old, you were supposed to be bonding and spending time with your parents. But here you were all alone in this place you were essentially forced to call home.
Each day, your heart broke more; wishing someone would hear your silent pleas for help.
-
You were around 9 when moving into Stark Tower You were surprised Tony actually remembered to take you.
Luckily Rhodey was there. He had been your rock after you'd been introduced to him. It was a late night and you were getting a snack since there was no dinner for you to eat. He had been the one to get you out of your grieving funk and was more of a father to you than your sperm donor had ever been.
You met Natalie when you were wandering around once. You ran into her—quite literally—and she struck up a conversation with you.
It was honestly hard for you to keep up. You hadn't talked to anyone besides Rhodey so it was quite awkward for the both of you.
Natalie kept talking to you though. She saw that you needed someone and decided to be there along with Rhodey.
Ms. Rushman seemed a little fishy to you at first. So you did what you did best; snooped around until you found satisfactory answers.
What you weren't expecting was to stumble across a secret organization's database as well as some of Natalie's (Natasha? Natalia?) secrets.
Luckily, you had managed to get out of the server before anyone could be able to track you.
The day you saw her next, you may have accidentally called her Natalia causing her to almost slit your throat while she held you against the wall. That was a fun moment.
You proceeded to tell her that she'd seem suspicious to you and you took matters into your own hands. And that you were not from some secret organization that wanted her.
After that, she made you promise that you wouldn't tell anyone especially your father because the whole thing would be compromised. It's not like you could tell anyone anyways; no one ever listened to you.
The whole situation was just crazy honestly. Experiencing this kind of stuff before you entered your double digits was too. The whole thing with Ivan and S.H.I.E.L.D; it was just too much. So you decided to isolate yourself for a while. Focus on things that mattered to you which honestly wasn't much, but it's the thought that counts.
Maybe something would get better.
————————
This story is on my tumblr kj-1130. I've decided to publish it on wattpad as well because why not.
Anyway enjoy it!!