Chapter Eight (Part 3)

(A/N):

Hello everyone! I just wanted to say thank you to you all because I started writing this just for fun (and as an outlet for my Jirou obsession bc she's perfect lol), but have been surprised and amazed by the support! Thank you <3 

Also the picture ^^^ is just a couple of Jirou doodles I did with some bands I like and think she would listen to. None of the other fanart/pictures at the top of chapters are original/belong to me, though. Just this one.

One last thing, this is another shorter chapter. The next one will be back to normal length.

Okiee <3

Jirou's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ugh. This is not what I was expecting." I groaned. Last year the kids who'd gone to extra training during summer break had actually gotten to do useful exercises. I know that this extra training isn't during the summer and instead just before school starts, so I guess I could've figured it would be different, but I wasn't expecting to have to act as a villain for some transfer students' entrance exam.

I had my right ear jack plugged into the wall beside me, listening for Mr. Hound Dog and the examinee. The teachers hadn't told us much about the subject of the exam, but they made it sound like she was female, and they said her quirk was dangerous. I couldn't help but shake the feeling that it was the girl I'd seen at the mall and met in the woods, (y/n).

I shook my head. Why am I still thinking about that girl? 

I huffed out a breath and focused back on listening. This examinee, whoever she was, had entered the building a few minutes ago. Immediately, Mr. Hound Dog had torn off in search of her, putting his tracking quirk to work. Personally I thought it was a little foolish, a villain who's sole purpose is to protect a captive deserting them at the first sign of the hero. But who am I to contradict the strategy of a teacher and pro hero, I guess

Since then I'd been using my quirk to track the girls footsteps around the building below me. She'd been winding around, seemingly aimlessly, not really going consistently up or down. Hound Dog had been tracking her, but it didn't seem like he ever got close, which I thought odd.  I assumed that it was because she was doing something down there, had some kind of plan.

Either way I wished she would just get up here already. Sero'd applied his tape so tight I was nearly suffocating. My entire torso was bound in it and one end of the tape was attached to the ceiling. My feet were hovering slightly off the ground, and I had to hold onto the wall to keep from swinging back and forth. It was like I was some kind of fly stuck in a web. 

Idiot, he'd probably done it this way on purpose just to make me look stupid. Imma get him back for this. I grinned, imagining sneaking some of Kirishima's hair dye into Sero's shampoo when we moved back into the dorms.

"Oh. Hello." A quiet voice spoke in surprise from somewhere nearby.

"Huh?" I retracted my ear jack from the wall, realizing that I'd zoned out, and looked around the room for the voice. My eyes landed on a (y/height), (y/eyecolor) eyed girl. (y/n). 

"Ahah, I'm always right!" I exclaimed, attempting to pump my fist in victory, but failing as it too was wrapped in tape. (y/n) cocked her head at me in confusion. I looked away and felt my face get red, "Sorry, ignore that. So, uh- where's Mr. Hound Dog?"