𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲

You sat in your chair, reading a book you had stolen from your friend, Pieck. It was boring, but there was nothing else to read. So you sat through the pain while hoping it'll get better.

Everything in Marley had been silent recently, nobody was giving missions out. The silence scared you. For years it had been silent, nothing new happening which was a surprise to you honestly.

Picking up the glass of water that sat on your desk, you began to bring it to your lips, eyes remaining focused on the book. Your door opened suddenly, startling you, the glass slipping from your hand and shattering on the floor. "Fuck me," you squeeze your eyes shut in frustration, turning to see who it was that had interrupted you.

"Sorry...about that," Porco stood in the doorway, his hand moving to scratch the back of his neck nervously. You sigh at the sight of him and put the book down on the table, getting up to clean the mess you made thanks to Porco.

He stepped inside, making his way over to you. "Allow me," he says softly. "you could hurt yourself."

You lift a brow. "I'm not helpless, Porco," he nods. "I know but I'm the reason you dropped it in the first place," he says. Knowing he was right, you fell back onto your bum, watching him as he carefully picked up the glass shards.

"What's up?" you asked after a moment. You knew he didn't stop by just to say hi. "Uh, Reiner and Zeke wanna talk to you," he answers and you nod.

Standing carefully, you look down at the man as he looked up to you. "Are they finally giving missions out or something?"

"Not too sure. Wait for me, I'm coming with you," instead of waiting like he asked, you left the room and started walking down the hall where the stairs sat waiting for you to walk down them. "I should've known better than to ask you to wait."

All you do is send him a kind smile. Porco and you never really got along too well, not as well as you and everyone else. Nobody, including yourself, really knew why you didn't though.

Perhaps it was the way he talked to you at times. "I wish we got along better," Porco said as he shut the house door, glancing over at you while you continued to walk forward. "Oh yeah?"

"Yeah," he responded as he caught up to you. "I don't know why you don't like me."

You both remained silent after that because you didn't really know the answer for yourself. You just didn't have a reason to like him, so you disliked him. Shaking the thoughts away, you made it to the office and your eyes landed on Reiner. "Hey, long time no see,"

It had only been a week since you last saw him, but you considered you two to be pretty close with each other. Reiner was one of the first friends you had growing up, you were hungry and he and his friend Bertholdt gave you some food. You were very thankful for them.

His eyes shifted over to stare into yours as you approached him, punching his arm playfully. "Zeke," you stood at Reiner's side, looking over at Zeke as he stood there with his back turned to you.

Again, sadly, Zeke was another person you couldn't get along with. Except with him, you knew why you didn't like him. He was smart, and the things he did were just too suspicious, which screamed I could be a traitor in your eyes. It was his way or no way, always. And you knew he wasn't afraid of getting his hands dirty to get what he wanted.

Porco shut the door since he was behind you and took a seat as he waited for Reiner and Zeke to explain what you two were doing there. "So, what's up? We don't have meetings like this anymore," you crossed your arms and leaned against the table, glancing at your friend.

"We need you," he confesses, looking at you making you lift a brow. "Me? You need me?" Reiner sighs and nods. "Yeah, you, Y/n. There's nobody else I can think of for this mission,"

You look back at Porco who looks at you with worried eyes. "And what is it? I can't think of much I can do compared to you all," you were referring to the fact that they were titan shifters while you weren't.

Reiner, Pieck, Porco, Zeke, and others, were all titan shifters. They looked human now, but if they were to inflict pain on themselves, they could easily shift into a literal humanoid giant.

Many years ago, some of them were chosen to be titans. "Nobody on Paradis has seen you," Reiner stares a hole through you and Zeke turns around finally, wanting to see the look on your face. "you could easily get in, their defenses aren't that good so you could probably easily sneak inside."

"Haven't we done this before? But with you and the others? I don't think that worked out very well," you say. "and why are you trying to do this again?"

Reiner looks to Zeke, so you assumed this was for him to explain. "Basically, we're ready for all of this to end. For once and for all. And the only way this can end is for you to kill Eren Jaeger,"

You stare into Zeke's blue eyes. "You're okay with me killing your half-brother, Zeke?" he moves his glasses a bit. "I am,"

"You've trained with us, you know how to handle titans, nobody on Paradis knows who you are...you're perfect for this," Reiner says and your eyes shift to him briefly. "If I say yes, how long do I have to do it?"

"At least within a year, you think you can do it, soldier?" Reiner asks you and you close your eyes.

Everything had been so boring recently and you could finally stop things. "I'll do it," Porco looks down at the table and you push off the table. "I'll go over more details with you tomorrow,"

You nod and Porco stands, heading to the door where he walks ahead of you. You stared at the back of his head, wondering what crawled up his ass. Deciding to ignore it, you continued home, where you would spend your night thinking this over.

-