Chapter I

*Marcus' POV*
*Sounds of alarm*

Marcus- The last dance

I said as I opened my eyes.

Marcus- *Groan* Final year, here I come

After stretching I sat on my bed to contemplate the floor, I stayed like that for a while until I shook it off and started my daily routine for school.

I'm entering my senior year of high school.

I wouldn't really consider myself a nerd, like I always get A+'s without trying but still managed to be social, well kinda... I have many "friends" (I would call them only classmates) but one true bestfriend called Layla, we've been in the same school since elementary, but we started talking just a couple years ago.

I think I'm the guy that is intelligent but not the most, the guy that likes sports but isn't the best at them, I am not that ugly but not the most handsome... I think you get the idea, a pretty average teenager.

...

When I was ready, I drove the old Mercury Cougar from 1967 that my dad inherited me to school, I've always arrived an hour before the first class, I'm an early bird and like to be punctual.

As soon as I got to school I entered my classroom, put some earphones and let the music play while I rested my head on the table.

I was submerged in some Beatle's music when someone took one of my earphones off my ear.

Aaliyah- Good morning

Marcus- Oh hey, didn't hear you

Aaliyah- Yeah I saw that, what are you listening to?

She said as she put on my earphone

Marcus- Just some music

Aaliyah- I figured that out, I was asking like the band or something, is it Shawn Mendes?

Marcus- The Beatles actually

Aaliyah- A little bit overrated if you ask me

Marcus- Not for me

Aaliyah- Meh... anyways, why are you always this early? They don't want you at home *Giggle*

Marcus- I live by myself and that's how I am, I like to have time to myself before the beginning of classes

Aaliyah- I see...

Marcus- What about you? Why so early?

Aaliyah- *Sigh* My mom is crazy and has work to do so she dropped me here this early

Marcus- And your dad?

Aaliyah- He's in other state, they're divorced

Marcus- I'm sorry

Aaliyah- Its okay... anyways do you have Ms. Mindy's homework?

I never really understood why teachers leave homework for vacations, I mean if it was for winter or spring break it'll be justified, but we are entering a new year, there's no reason to leave homework. "Its to see how much you've improved from last year" and you couldn't wait for the first day to leave the assignment? Anyway, I did it the first week of vacations so I shouldn't be complaining.

Marcus- *Sigh* Yes

But that wasnt the thing that upset me, thought it was a cool moment were we got to know each other and probably become closer "friends" but in reality it was just wanting something from me

Aaliyah- Do you mind if I copy your homework?

Marcus- No, go ahead

Aaliyah- Thanks