Chapter XIII

Today is the day I should receive the acceptance letter from college, it can be good or it can be bad either way I'm prepared, or at least that was what I tried telling myself.

I ain't gonna lie, being part of 100 Thieves was awesome but I think I let myself go with it more than I should've, I didn't delivered a great resume and studied for the exam since I was busy working with the org, but hopefully I get in college.

Tina was supposed to be here with me to receive the news, I don't blame her she's been so dedicated to streaming this weeks that I think it slipped her mind.

*On call*

Jhb- When is it supposed to appear?

Marcus- Midnight

Jhb- *Yawn* Thats in one hour

Marcus- Congratulations,  you know how the clock works *Chuckle*

Jhb- Man, I hope you get in but I need to do a lot of things tomorrow, I'm going to sleep

Marcus- Sure, thanks for staying

Jhb- No problem

I was alone at my place waiting for an email, I thought on streaming that hour so I have some company, I never really did that, just one time and for 30 minutes since Tina convinced me so people could see my POV while doing some minecraft.

Nah, maybe I'll do that another time with Tina, I guess I'll just listen to some music,  play some Valo, watch a stream something to kill the time.

*Midnight *

I haven't refreshed my mail, after waiting all that time I was more focused on why Tina didn't even text me why she wasn't coming or what was happening.

Brain- Have you considered what would you do if you dont get in?

That thought caught me off guard, one part of me liked the idea of working at 100 Thieves living the dream but the other wanted me to come back to reality and stuck to the college idea and start from there.

Marcus- *Sigh* Here I go

I pressed the button and one mail appeared on my box, I opened it and downloaded the document.

Marcus- I don't wanna look

I took a deep breathe and looked at the screen, my heart shattered when I saw "The Committee on Admissions has completed its regular decision meetings, and I'm very sorry to inform you..."

Marcus- Very sorry to inform you

Yeah, my heart wanted to not get in college, but my brain told me otherwise. I'm living a war between the impulse and my brain, more than a thousand detonations and conflicts in it.

Marcus- Fuck me *Sigh*

I wasn't mad at the fact I didn't get in, I was disappointed on me, sad, I was... devastated, I got up my desk, looked around looking for something trying to distract my mind from the fact I've failed once again.

I didn't know how to react, should I shout, hit my wall, call someone or just shut up and face it,  what is 100 Thieves gonna say about it, what if they kick me from not getting in college. I was tired and emotional, I just cried that night to sleep.

Marcus- It is what it it *Sigh*

...

Marcus- *Groan* My head

I didn't want to get out of bed, I wanted to stay there forever far from all the people that could ask how my college application went,  but I knew that wasn't right so I dragged myself out of it and changed clothes.