six | school

여섯.

"ITS YOU AGAIN!" taehyung points at the girl who was walking through the sunset seeped halls. school had just ended, and she waited for everyone to leave first before she did. so far, no one else had tried to talk to her ever since she's ignored everyone on the first day—but she didn't want to take the chance for the possibility of any interaction.

surin was aware of the trash talk and rumors, but she was grateful that no one actually decided to mess with her. it wasn't like she did anything horrible anyway. surin simply just wanted to be left alone.

obviously, that's failed now, she thought as she flicked her eyes from the boy with tousled hair and back at the end of the hall, walking past him.

"wha- hey!" surin thought he was about to grab her arm, which she would havesurely broken if he were to touch her—so she was glad when he didn't. she wasn't glad, however, when he started to follow her.

"you're pretty rude, you know," he said. "stealing my keys, locking the rooftop door, and ignoring me all in the span of two days."

surin didn't answer, walking down the stairs. she imagined him as a puppy, nonsensely barking. she preferred cats. she thought about jeongguk—would he be a cat?

"hey, you know people hate you, right?" he went on, and surin rolled her eyes. it was hard, but she forced herself to bite down her sarcastic remark, hoping he'd just leave when he'd finally realize he'd get no reaction out of her.

that's all what everyone wanted after all, wasn't it? a reaction?

"everyone's been talking badly about you," he repeated. "but i told them you were actually pretty friendly! well obviously, i haven't seen your friendly side yet, but i know you're probably just the quiet type or something. i have quiet friends too! i'm also pretty introverted," the boy's dimples appeared as he looked at her. "i told everyone not to pick on you. i think you're pretty cool, you know?"

they were outside of the school's entrance when surin stopped walking. she gripped her school bag tightly.

"so you think you're a great person then, huh?" surin scoffed, looking at him in the eye with such scorn she knew he probably didn't deserve. the boy was taken aback, and he quickly waved his hands in opposition. "n-no! i didn't mean it like that, really! i just-"

"what, you just think you did me a favor or something?" surin reproached. "you think you helped me? did you really think i'd be happy, thanking you in joy? is that what you want? praise?"

"no! i didn't expect any of that! i-i just thought...i-i don't know! i just thought that we could be friends! i just wanted to talk to you, i—"

"you're annoying—if you're so introverted, why don't you learn to shut up more? i don't want to be your friend and i don't owe you anything. if you really want to do me a favor, then leave me alone," surin spat, her words seething. with an apathetic face, she turned away and continued walking, feeling his eyes on her back.

surin had also felt the weight of what monday would hold when she went back to school—how everyone would certainly start messing with her after all this.

surin sighed, looking at the sky streaked with indigo and orange. how annoying.

.