❤ 04. 𝙎𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙩

Life is like candy,sometimes sweet,sometimes sour

Life is like candy,
sometimes sweet,
sometimes sour.

"It's so hot, it's as if we are in hell now," Haibara muttered out as he was wiping away the beads of perspiration on his forehead, fanning himself vigorously with his hand as he looked at [name] who didn't seem to be suffering from the heat.

"Lucky you, being immune to heat," Haibara spoke out and [name] shrugged her shoulders in response. She stretched her arms over her head and arched her back as she wanted to relieve the ache she was having in the middle of her back.

"And the fact your uniform is different as well," Haibara pointed out with a pout as he poked [name]'s arm as her uniform's sleeves were long and her skirt was a short flare one instead of the usual but with a pair of safety shorts beneath it.

"You look like someone who would enjoy school because you get to dress this way," Haibara added on and [name] lets out a sigh, smacking him on the back of his head.

"Idiot, the reason why my uniform is like this because of my cursed technique. If not I will be wearing the standard one too," [name] scolded as Nanami arrived after gathering his items from his room.

"It's hot... [name], can't you absorb the heat or something..." Nanami muttered out and [name] shook her head in response which caused him to let out a sigh instead.

"Oh, come on! Let's finish the mission and we can chill in our rooms," [name] spoke out with a smile as she linked her arms with her classmates, where they whined out.

"[name], you are too warm!"

"[name]!" and [name] stopped walking as she unlinked her arms from her friends. She turned to look and noticed how Shoko was standing there with a cigarette between her lips.

"Sorry, but... The higher-ups want to see you," she called out, and [name] swallowed the lump in her throat as she hesitantly nodded her head.

"What did they want to see her for?" Haibara asked as Shoko walked over to where they were and she puffed out the toxic fumes before turning to look at [name]'s retreating figure.

"Something about her grade," Shoko whispered out, which Nanami often realized was a sensitive topic for [name] when it comes to her sorcerer grade as she wasn't allowed to be ranked higher than the one she was.

There was nobody to acknowledge her rank too.

"Is this about her using more than one path?" Nanami asked and Shoko inhaled the toxic fumes once more before exhaling as she shrugged her shoulders as well.

"You are not the only one interested. Satoru is interested too," Shoko pointed out and Nanami lets out a sigh, shaking his head.

"Gojo-san always annoys [name], sometimes he doesn't bother with her too. When I look at it happening, it makes me annoyed," Haibara pointed out and Shoko raised an eyebrow in response.