❤ 13. 𝙃𝙚𝙡𝙥

"Indeed

"Indeed... A pity..." she whispered out as she walked alongside Haibara, where the duo wasn't bickering as per what they used to. The atmosphere in the air was tense indeed, they weren't sure what they were supposed to do.

"He was a great addition to the students," he added on, chuckling as he looked at his best friend who was trying to keep a straight face despite her head being hung low.

"I mean... I didn't have much of an interaction with him since I was busy with missions," she spoke out, frowning as she crossed her arms against her chest looking at Haibara. They had left the Morgue not too long ago.

"If only I arrived earlier, no?" she whispered out, looking at Haibara who quickly held her by the shoulders and shook her vigorously.

"No. Don't think that way! No!" he scolded and watched as she laughed, waving her hand off as she pushed him away a little so she could continue to walk.

"He told us to live a long life..." and the teachers stopped walking as they stayed hidden, listening in on what the first-years were talking to one another about. [name] didn't have enough time to properly introduce herself to them, but hearing whatever Haibara had spoken to her about them, she couldn't help but find them rather...

Similar to them.

"What use if he is dead? Hey... Is this the first time a friend of yours has died?" Nobara asked, not wanting to face Megumi as they continued to sit on the steps.

"A classmate... Yeah,"

"Really? But you seem fine,"

"Look who's talking,"

"Of course, I have only known him for two weeks. I'm not the kind of girl... Who cries over a guy like that," and Megumi took notice of how Nobara was trying her best to not cry, the way her lips were trembling.

Despite the short amount of time knowing Yuuji, it was indeed memorable for them.

"Man, it's hot!"

"Yeah... I wonder when we will get our summer uniforms,"

"Sheesh... You are more moody than usual, Megumi," and [name]'s eyes widened slightly as her lips curled up into a smile. Her hand reached over and covered Haibara's mouth, preventing him from yelling out.

"What is this, a funeral?!"

"Zenin-senpai..."

"Don't you dare call me by my last n-,"

"Maki. Maki!" and Maki turned to look at Panda and Inumaki who was hiding by the tree, calling out to her and wanting to warn her about something.

"He really did die. It happened yesterday! A first-year boy!"

"Bonito flakes!"

"You are a little late!" Maki snapped and soon started to yell at the top of her lungs as she realized what she had done.