Chapter 3

THAT EVENING....

After the tour about the castle the two sisters went back to their bedchamber ro find out what they were both going to wear for the evenings entertainment with the Sheriff and his henchmen Sir Guy of Gisborne. Elizabeth had a few gowns that she could wear despite the sunset.

Elizabeth lay the deep blue gown on the bed Marian saw it and admired " oh sister! That is beautiful"! Marian commented

Elizabeth lay the deep blue gown on the bed Marian saw it and admired " oh sister! That is beautiful"! Marian commented. " Thankyou actually it's one of my favourites"!

(Knock .. knock)

" Marian! Are you there"? Comes the fimilar sounding voice of Sir Guy.

" Quickly Hide .... here"! Marian hastened Ellie behind a curtain to hide her from Sir Guy she knew he wasn't stupid had she forgotten that he'd already seen her in the Great hall that morning she arrived.

Marian opened the door for him ....

" Sir Guy! I had not expected you"! Marian smiled at the sheriffs right hand man cladded in black.

" clearly! He smiled, noticing the blue gown lying on the bed. Elizabeth smiled at the sound of the knights voice. It sounded soft and gentle.

" I had hoped I'd see you're sister about the Castle! He begun with an awkward cough, " My sister Guy! .... is she not with her horse"? Marian smiled egearly it was first time Guy had seen that smile on her face in a while.

Suddenly Guy's ears pricked up at the sound of rustling behind the res velvet curtain.

" Marian! Whose behind that curtain ... it's not Hood is it"? Guy asked grimly.

Elizabeth was slightly dismayed that he should mistake her for the common outlaw Locksley she thought " how dare he mistake me for that.... common coward Locksley"! She gently sighed and turned to face the curtain preparing to be found out.

" no Guy it's not Hood... why would I have him in my room ... its holly inappropriate"! Marian smiled nervously.

Guy of Gisborne walkes solemnly toward the red velvet curtain grabbing it gloved hand he pulled it back roughly to reveal .... Lady Elizabeth.

" my lord! She smiled curtising at him then straightening herself.

" My lady forgive me I thought you were someone else ... I had not thought it was you"! Sir Guy smiled awkwardly.

" No harm done Sir Guy ... I'm sure my sister wanted merely to surprise you by placing me behind there I heard you thinking it was the common coward Locksley"! Smiled Elizabeth.

Sir Guy found himself entranced by the lady Elizabeth's beauty.

" what beings you here to Nottingham my lady"? Asks sir Guy in wanting more of why she was here.

" oh well ... I had returned after having an education 5 or 6 years in london I spent it travelling around London I met some knights too ... I had heard about my father being unwell so I thought it best to come back"! Elizabeth told him.