Prologue

𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏

𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏

1:05 ━●─────── 45:15
  ⇆      ◁       ❚❚   ▷  ↻

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Your hands.. it's rough." A man spoke as he gently stroked and caressed the female's hands while gazing at her with a loving gaze. Despite only knowing each other for a few weeks, they were at peace with each other.

With a hum, (Name) smiled at the male beside her before asking, "Hm? What about it?" Some women thought getting rough hands was unsanitary, but she didn't have a choice because she wanted to protect her family, her last family. With just the look of her rough hands, people would certainly know that she went through hardship to be where she are now.

Truthfully, the sight of her own hand disgusts her yet it was the opposite for some people she met. What she sought was a peaceful life with nothing to worry about, she wanted to spend her time reading romantic novels that has been a hot topic for young women these days but rather than doing that, she trained and trained until she fell ill.

"..Nothing, I'm reminded of how special you are when I think about it." His continued to speak, knowing very well that the woman he loves has simply taken liking to his voice

"Special? I'm not that kind of.." It was true, she wasn't anything special; she was just an ordinary girl who dreamed of having a silver spoon and little to care about but marrying a wealthy man who could fully help her family's reputation and honor grow.

"What are you doing?" The girl turned her body to the male to get a better look on what he was doing and it turns out that Zhongli was doing nothing other than staring at her.

"Admiring you." This was a bit.. unexpected. Those were the words of a man who was most certainly a highly regarded member of the noble class, though (Name) was never sure of what really was his position in the noble or aristocracy.

(Name) was of course surprised by the answer she heard, she looked away with a wary look on her face. This man must be kidding, for no one would want to marry a girl from a falling family that was once known as the Empire's most faithful pets. Yeah, her family was nicknamed "pets" because they were extremely obedient to the Emperor, who was defeated by an obscure man known as Morax.

"Zhongli.. why are you--"

The man named Zhongli gave out a smile as he took a hold of the female's chin, lifting her face near to his own just to get a good look at the response she'll have when she hears what he's about to say. "I have been thinking of this for a while now and I wanted to ask you if.." He trailed off, examining the girl's face as she waits for him to finish his sentence.

"If?"

"You're willing to be my wife.." 

Wife

Wife..

Wife?

WIFE?!

She shook her head to clear her mind and looked wide-eyed at the generally poised and friendly male; she was perplexed by how soon this guy agreed to marry her, considering that they had just met a few months before. "I--" She couldn't finish her sentence for a small certain someone has disturbed her by telling out her name.

"(Name)!"

With a blink, (Name) gave a small wave to the smaller male. "O-oh! Xiao, hello." She stuttered out, after all, who wouldn't be baffled when a man as handsome as Zhongli proposed to her?

"What brings you he--" She sighed when her sentence was interrupted again.

"I'll make you my wife too."

"Eh?" She choked out as she looked a Xiao whos seemed to have a serious look on his face. (Name) gulped and almost choked on her own spit when she saw how serious Xiao was.

"Hey, girlie." 

"I'm sure you haven't forgotten what I have told you the other day.."

"Ehh?" Seeing another man with orange hair who happened to have caught her attention, she turned to her back and stared at the said man who asked to marry him.

"(Name), marry me."

"(Name), I love you!!"

What in the world was this?

WHY WAS THERE SO MANY PEOPLE PROPOSING TO HER?!

"(Name)."

"(Name)..."

"Nee.."

-

-

-

-

-

"Nee-chan, wake up!" 

"Huh? What.."

"Oh, it was just a weird dream."

Thank goodness..

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

If you don't know by now.. I simp for Zhongli and I would die for that man.

Happy Reading!