9.

Taehyung was busy in the indoor basket hall court as he was practicing a few shots here and there.

The ball kept falling through the net, yet he didn't bother stopping.

The next day were the start of the tournaments between multiple universities, and he couldn't let his team down.

Recently he was doing fine, but fine wasn't good enough for him. In his eyes, he wasn't improving enough for the team.

Sweat was dripping off his fore head as his jersey was soaked.

The other girls in this university would have been drooling for him if it was them, but he was alone right now.

He kept chasing the ball doing multiple shots from different angles and landing the ball in the net all the time.

He stood their panting for a second while having his palms sitting on his knees, and then he faced upwards shaking the sweat off himself.

It was a long time he was in here and all he heard in the past hour was nothing but his shoes squeaking against the hardwood basket hall floors.

"And you told me to take a break" a voice called out as he turned to the door.

And there she was, as she stood while leaning again the wall near the entrance of the court.

Taehyung couldn't help but chuckle at that.

"It's not my fault, I need to be the best I can at the tournament tomorrow" he says as he shoots another three pointer.

The ball fall on the floor again and as he was about to take it, she did instead.

"You know Tae, sometimes if you want to get better, just re visit the basics a little bit, and it can help your foundation" she says to him.

"I really don't want to train the basics all over again" he said approaching her.

"Then don't, just teach me and you'll get it simultaneously. I'm dying to learn either way and I suck right now either way" she said as he raised an eye brow at her standing beside her on the bench as he downed water.

"You want to learn basket ball? Don't you have work?" He asks as she shrugs.

"Taking a break sometimes doesn't hurt" she says walking into court tossing the ball at him.

He just smiled and walked behind following her, as who was he to resist her.

They spent time trying to teach her to shoot , as in all honesty she failed a lot of times.

At one point he chuckled as he walked behind her and showed her the form from behind her, basically back hugging her as her breath hitched at their close proximity.

He tried not to show he was affected by his arms being around her.

"Now try shooting" he says as he walked back two steps and she nods, moving her arms together as the ball falls into the hoop.

"Yes!" She shouted turning towards him who was also smiling, but shocking him as she jumped into his raising her arms out of excitement.

For a minute he didn't get the memo but when he did he high fived her as requested as he smiled at her being all cute.

Then he got an idea as he snatched the ball from her and started dribbling it.

She looked at him confused as he shrugged. "Try taking it from me" he said as smirked dribbling it around as she ran around the ball like a lost kid.

"Yah taehyungggg" she said whining but he just laughed at her, completely forgetting about the tournament tomorrow as he was having fun.

She was just about to get the ball , or so he thought when he moved it again.

But she lost balance this time, and you know what happened next. She fell face flat on the floor.

No I'm just kidding.

She fell right into his arms as he lost the ball and caught her.

As they pulled apart they were awkwardly staring at each other before fully pulling away embarrassed at what just happened.

They never regretted it though.

However their faces were tomato red, as they became extremely flushed at the events.

"I'm, going to Uh, go to work. Right work" Jennie said before shyly walking and then sprinting out while Taehyung laughed at her being all embarrassed.

"Don't forget to cheer for me at the tournament tomorrow" he yelled at her figure who disappeared from sight as quickly as she surprised him in the beginning.

Who knew people with short legs could leave that fast.

She actually took his mind completely from the tournament and he felt much better because of the roots and that his stress was gone now.

He was calmer and was ready for the tournament tomorrow in his opinion.

Picking up the ball, he threw it, well not literally but actually placed it, in the storage area for the sports supplies, before locking the room and heading to the shower areas, because he was a sweating mess.

"Oh no, what if she thinks I'm always gross and smell bad because of the sweat from today" he mentally panicked as he groaned at that.

A groan escaped his chest as he thought about that. "Great Taehyung the first girl you like in a while, you mess it up. Ho- wait did I just say I like her? What the fuck" he thought. I mean wasn't it obvious but still.

"You like someone?" Jimin asked coming out from one of the shower stalls as Taehyung shrieked.

"What the fuck is it with today and people shocking me?!" He cursed out loud.

"Language" Jimin said as Taehyung rolled his eyes.

"What thee fucketh is with every one-eth shocking thy" he said as Jimin shot a glare at Taehyung.

"You like someone?" He said ignoring taehyungs attitude bringing back the topic.

"I think I like.. Jennie"