POV: you're dancing in the forest

Nightingales perched on the tall trees, softly singing. The flowers danced with the wind and sun filtered through the dark green leaves of the unnaturally tall trees. Squirrels chattered, the sound of acorns dropping accentuating the bird's song. A river ran nearby, the sound of the gentle waves crashing on the rocky banks resonated through the clearing. 

Running footsteps disrupted the quiet of the clearing several birds scattering. A handsome young man appeared into view as he flung his ornately decorated crown down on the soft ground. His fingers grabbed at silken hair in frustration, before collapsing on the leafy floor.

He wondered how folk wished to be nobles. It only brought utter frustration and the need to acquaint several smug faces with a stone. Taking a deep breath, the cool air filled his lungs and he felt far away from all the princely worries for now. The birds had started their song again, all the animals used to his presence. Closing his eyes, he simply rested. Until a light giggle interrupted him. 

A lovely girl stood in line with trees, her hand covering her mouth as she laughed. He had met her in the same clearing they were in now. She was from the neighbouring county that shared their borders. He didn't know if she was noble or common nor did he care. He sighed.

"Do you always need to wake me like that?", he asked a smile lighting up his face.
She laughed. "Of course not, but you're adorable when you pout." 
He spluttered. "I do not pout!"
She sent an amused look his way to which he huffed.

They sat for a while, idly chatting until the sounds from where a nearby circus group reached the clearing. Cheery music accompanied by loud singing overpowered the nightingale's melody.

There was a glint of mischief in her eyes before she pulled him to his feet. She turned to face and gave a mock bow. "Care to dance?"
He smirked taking the offered hand. "If milady wishes."

Be merry my friends, and list a while
unto a merry jest,
It may from you produce a smile......

He linked their arms together before they both set off at a run around the clearing, laughing joyfully. They both knew the song being sung and had started singing along.

when you heare it exprest,
Of a young man lately married,
which was a boone good fellow,
This song ins head he alwaies carried,
when drinke had made him mellow......

He twirled her around, laughing freely. She bounded along the forest floor, completely abandoning the dance steps, her arms spread as if she were flying. He closed his eyes and followed her, adding his own steps. 

No Tapster stout, or Vintner fine,
quoth he shall ever get
One groat out of this purse of mine
to pay his masters debt:

Wind blew through the clearing, swirling the green, red and yellow leaves around the dancing duo. The birds joined in, adding harmony to the song.
There wasn't a prince and princess in the clearing that day. It was simply a boy and girl dancing to a drinking song. 

________________________________________________________

A/n
Song used: Good Ale For My Money
English ballad. Or drinking song.
I don't own the song.