Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

Chapter 1 - I Should Go

CHAPTER 1 – I Should Go

** ZACH's POV **

"Tori." I called her out. Her head was resting on my shoulder as we gazed under the stars.

She just mumbled. I looked at her and there I saw that her eyes were already closed.

I looked at her closely; trying to memorize her face and cherish every second that she's still mine, because I know... I know that in the morning, I'm going to let her go.

Tori, maybe this could be the last time that I will see your face this close. This might be the last time that I can hold you like this. This might be the last time that I can bravely say this to you out loud...

"I love you." I whispered.

I saw a smile tug along her lips. Her response made my heart leap in joy but painful at the same time. "I love you too, Zach."

I closed my eyes and didn't let her words come to me. It wouldn't do me any good. If I stay, I will just make things harder for her. I will just hurt her like what I'd been doing all this time.

I lied, used her and took advantage of her.

I'm a mess right now. I'm conflicted. I'm battling with myself.

Should I go or should I go on?

What was I thinking? Why was I having second thoughts again? I already made a decision. I made up my mind.

I will let her go.

Besides, I made a promise. I promised James that I will step aside. I promised Tori that I will let her be happy with James, and I promised myself that after this... after this fantasy, I will stay away from them.

I will leave them alone.

I opened my eyes and took a deep sigh. I turned my head to my right, to my happiness, to my life. To the girl who's sleeping so soundly in my arms, to the girl who holds my heart.

"Hey, love." I whispered as I caressed her warm cheeks. "Don't think that I gave up on you, okay? I'm just letting you go. Letting you be happy, even if it's not with me. Yes, you're mine now but tomorrow, we'll be back to how it's supposed to be. To where we're supposed to be. To the reality that you're not mine anymore. How I wish we could stay here in Mexico forever, where it is only you and I. But we can't. We can't be stuck here and pretend that everything is alright. There are people waiting for us. There is someone, someone who loves you who is waiting for you in Manhattan. A good guy with pure intentions. A righteous person who'll never get tired of listening to you. A guy who's worthy of your pure heart. A worthy guy for a lovely girl like you."

I leaned closer and captured her soft lips. "I love you so damn much, Tori."

I wrapped her in my arms and carried her. Damn she's lighter than before. She also got thinner, probably because of the stress that I gave her and a lot of things that's going on in her life.

"You should eat more often." I said with a chuckle. "Eat a lot of steak and pasta then finish it off with a chocolate chip cookie." I was fighting the tears that were forming at the corner of my eyes.

Damn to those who broke the dam!

"Go to Brighton Beach when you're lonely. Watch the Manhattan skyline at the Brooklyn Bridge if you want to smile. Do the ballet thing if you feel like giving up."

Man, I was such a puss!

"Keep smiling. Keep laughing. Continue to be yourself, continue to be lovely, kind and... stunning." I was trying my best to be strong as I walked my way to the villa.

My hands were shaking, my knees were trembling... I'm getting weaker, but then I need to be strong because I might drop her.

"I don't want to let you go and hurt you now, right?" I said as I looked at her calm sleeping face. "I wish I could mean it the other way around." I chortled.

Now, I was losing myself. I was talking to her even though I know that she's sleeping.

I finally reached the villa and there I immediately put Tori to bed and tucked her in to keep her warm.

I moved the strands of stray hair away from her face and gave her a long, gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Don't you dare forget about me, okay? Because I will never forget about you, about us. We may not have each other, but at least we have memories to cherish. Promise me that you'll be okay, okay?"

Tori smiled in her sleep. She held my hand and rested on it. For a brief second, I thought that she was awake, only to find out that she's just dreaming.

"Yup. You'll be okay. You'll be better."

I couldn't help but let out a small laugh because of how cute she looked like at this moment.

"Sweet dreams, my love."

I'll definitely miss you.

--- END OF CHAPTER 1 ---

Oh how I missed writing Zach's POV.

I hope you had a great time. Short? I know, I just want to give a treat on VDAY and I want you to know what he was thinking before he left.

instagram: imadsantos