twenty one

~*~*~

~*~*~

"now, fuck off."

~*~*~

cassie was happy, excited, thrilled to wake up and know she had a date scheduled with the great james potter, she was happy. cassie always followed her head rather than her heart, maybe it was the ravenclaw in her but she always thought logically and she most certainly hadn't done that when she said yes to james.

but, as the night went on and she thought about it more in the morning, she didn't really see a flaw in the plan, at least not a massive one. sure, cassie had shit going on and she wasn't necessarily stable, especially with all the trauma and anger she was concealing that burst out at the worst times, but she thought that moving on would be a great way to get over michael.

james was by no means a rebound or a distraction, absolutely not, cassie valued him so highly that he was on the top of her list of people she trusted to tell anyone anything. which sort of made cassie feel guilty because what about caitlyn or hagrid? she hadn't told her best friend about her gift, but she hasn't actually told anyone about michael, she hasn't even told james about her life at home and she trusted sirius to not spill.

cassie decided to put a different mindset today, she was going to simply go on a date with a boy she really liked. she wasn't going to dwell on her ex boyfriend who she hated or her powers that her actually quite lethal, no, not today. today, was going to be about her.

"stop grinning like that," said cassie as she approached him in the courtyard.

"what?" asked james with a chuckle, "can't i be happy you said yes?"

"oh, shut up," huffed cassie through a smile as the two walked out the courtyard to the carriages, "what're the others doing today?"

"probably the stuff we usually do," said james, "what we are going to do is a lot more important."

"what do you have planned?" asked cassie with a smirk as they waited for a carriage.

"we'll need to stop at zonko's, i need to stock up on my prank supplies," said james as a carriage approached them, "after you."

"thanking you," said cassie formally, taking the hand he offered to help her onto the carriage, him jumping up after her.

"you can wait for a different carriage," said james to a couple of third years who attempted to come up after him, "look, there's one just coming."

cassie followed where he was pointing and there was nothing there. cassie laughed into her hand, as to not make the third years feel worse. she looked across at james with raised brows to which he shrugged innocently at.