What Lies Underneath Us

(Here's where it all starts getting juicy!!! Hope yall ready for some incoming tea that's about to spill out)

(Y/n's POV)

"

"Try these, Kipo. They're very sweet and filling." I watched as she started devouring from the little tray of sweets Scarlemagne had set up for us. He had trusted me to keep an eye on them while he was away.

When we arrived here I helped Kipo get into a dress which she didn't seem to mind. She also asked me why mine was more different than the rest and I just replied with "I got to choose mine."

Now here we are, me and Kipo sitting next to one another while Lio sat across from her. There was an odd silence in the air as Kipo kept making these weird sounds seeing as how she was really enjoying the way the sweets tasted.

She immediately notices us staring "Sorry, but this is really, really good!" Finishing her food Lio intercepts her "Are you hurt? Did you go to the goats?" Lio had filled me in on that, the blind goats where supposed to help her learn how to control her inner beast.

I spoke up "We're glad you're here, Kipo. But.." Lio finishes "What are you doing here!?" We both looked at her in concern "Don't worry, I'm OK. A LOT has happened since I saw you both."

All of a sudden my man of the hour had arrived standing before us..

"Kipo Oak, I can't tell you how long I've waited for this." He said with a smile as I nudged her arm "He was really excited about meeting you all this time." I looked at Lio who seemed to have a worrisome expression on his face.

Why is he worried? He should know Scarlemagne is very fond of her..

"I hope my dear (Y/n) had found you a suitable dress for you to wear, yes? Do you like it? Tell me. Wait, don't tell me!" He walked down the little steps as he stood in front of our table "OK, tell me!"

I giggled quietly at his little debut he had with himself as I watched them interact with each other. "So, uh, wait, you want me to tell you?" Kipo asked him "Desperately!" He said out loud clasping his hands together.

She then smiled as she looked down at her dress I picked out for her "It's lovely. And poofy. (Y/n) did a really good job picking it out for me." She turned to me and smiled which I gave back to her.

Scarlemagne also looked pleased at me and the fact that we nailed it at getting Kipo to like her dress. She then turned to him "To be honest, I thought I'd be locked in a spooky dungeon eating dirt."

Annnnnnd his smile faltered

But what she said felt somehow....familiar

I must've heard it from somewhere

"Don't give him any ideas." Lio said cautiously as he stared intensely at Scarlemagne. He and I both chuckled at the idea. We both know he wouldn't do something like that. "Please, you're no prisoner!"

He began walking around the table "Your'e my guest of honor, free to do as you please." He went up behind Lio's chair "Eat, wander, relax, enjoy some girl-bonding time with (Y/n), but..."

He clutched onto Lio's shoulders making him wince in pain as he stared at Kipo " no jaguar business." We then both look to the side and see the nobles readying their crossbows at them.

I held onto Kipo's hand as I softly spoke in her ear "Best to stay under and observe for now.." nodding in approval she locked eyes with him "OK.."