Rainy Day Pt. 2

We weren't let back into the house, we were so soaked. Our clothes were so heavy with water that they sagged off shoulders and hips like towels hang off racks, dripping little droplets onto the concrete, creating a replica of the stars in the universe on gray floor. Giggling like children, we stood under my tiny little porch, twisting and twisting our shirts and squeezing our pants.

I rang the doorbell again after we were sure we'd got most of the water out of our clothes and we left our shoes on the porch. They'd laid out towels on the floor leading to the bathroom; we took turns changing, clothes hanging in the tub.

It was a good thing he usually leaves changes of clothing at my house, or else he would've had to wear my clothes and, even though I know my dino pajamas were cute, he'd look like an overgrown child in them.

He still would've been cute.

The clock read 22:00 but neither of us felt tired.

"How 'bout a movie?" I asked, leaning over the counter as I watched him settle on the island stools.

He shrugged. "Don't care," he said simply. The little gray cloud that follows him around was clear for now and I could see in his eyes that he wasn't really saying he didn't care, which he actually says (and means) a lot, usually in regards to something I like. To me, this one 'don't care' sounded more like, "As long as we don't stop having fun, I'm alright."

"Movie it is, then!" I grinned, turned to the cabinet to grab a bag of popcorn, and stuck it in the microwave. "Can you pop in Jurassic Park?"

Almost instantly, that little shimmer in his eyes brightened. 'Feeling good' meant nothing now; he was ecstatic, purely excited to watch a damn movie about dinosaurs. He put down his phone and left to fish the DVD from the bookshelf while I finished the popcorn.

Placing the bowl on the counter, I glanced up to check if the movie was in. Instead, he was standing by the television with multiple cases in his hands, looking genuinely distressed. I'd be lying if I said I didn't watch him shuffle through the cases and bite the inside of his cheek, stifling a laugh.

"...You alright?"

He clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes, but places the cases on the coffee table as I sit on the couch and places the disk into the tray. He grabbed the remotes before dropping onto the couch beside me. Reaching over, I pulled the blanket from the back of the couch and spread it over our legs, and I couldn't help but lean into him as I did. He pulls his arm from between us and hangs it over my shoulder lazily and I find myself pressing closer into him.

"You're clingy," he digs smugly at me and I can hear the smirk in his voice.

"It's cold, you're warm, and you love it."

"Well..."

It was my turn to click my tongue and I moved to get off him in mock anger, but he kept me from moving. I scoff, beaming, and get comfortable again, resting my head on his shoulder.

It might've been our twenty-eighth time watching the first Jurassic Park, and it sure as hell ain't like the first time we watched it together, (because we kind of hated each other back then) but it still felt fresh and new.

And I guess we are happy, no matter how absolutely terrible he is.