vii. game night

─── ⁂𝄪ヅ⍣↠❃¨•

NOELLE AND XOLO were sat downstairs in their living room, waiting for their friends to arrive. noelle had prepared drink, snacks and even baked cupcakes while xolo helped. if you consider handing the girl the needed ingredients and choosing the buttercream color helpful. xolo had practically begged the girl to make her famous red velvet cupcakes with green frosting , which resulted in the girl having to remind him that christmas was 2 months ago.

"okay and? don't be such a grinch" xolo rolled his eyes at her

"dude... christmas is OVER how am i being a grinch?!" noelle protested with furrowed eyebrows. sometimes she just wanted to pull him by the ears like his mother and force him to stop talking back.

the boy was about to reply with even more sass, until the door bell rang multiple times at once. noelle jogged towards the door, quickly opening it. "do you always have to aggressively ring the bell?"

peyton smiled before engulfing the other blonde into a big hug, "yes, yes i do"

the two girls hugged each other for a few seconds before it was hannah's turn. she smelt like vanilla, like always, and noelle found herself smilling at the familiar and comforting scent. she ushered the two girls inside, who went ahead to greet xolo. noelle admired how xolo and hannah remained such good friends after their breakup and frankly, she was glad that none of them had to deal with any awkward tension. dating between co-stars was a risky business and noelle had promised herself to stay away from that.

after about 20 minutes mary, tanner and gianni had also arrived at the house. noelle would never admit, but she was more than thrilled to see tanner again. the two of them and axel had become best friends ever since they had met on the set of girl meets world, almost six years ago.

the the seven friends spent a short while chatting, joking and playing games, but it wasn't as much fun without jacob. noelle remembered that he said he would come down, but it had been a little over an hour and the boy hadn't left his room once. while everyone was busy doing their own thing, she decided to go check on him. jacob was a very social guy, especially with his closest friends and the fact that he chose to stay alone in his room while they were having fun downstairs, worried her.

noelle walked up the stairs to his room, before knocking two times, pausing, knocking one time, pausing again and then knocking 3 times. some people had handshakes and others had codes but noelle and jacob had a special knock technique.

jacob who was sitting on his bed playing w his guitar recognized the girl before softly smiling to himself, "come in"

noelle carefully opened the door just enough to stick her head inside the room. "hey there, jacky boy" she smiled at the boy, "are you not coming downstairs?" she questioned.

seeing that jacob hadn't replied to her, she fully entered his room and let herself fall on top of the big bean bag chair in his room. the pair exchanged eye contact before jacob went back to drumming on his guitar.

"okay, you have to tell me what's wrong, right now" the girl insisted, persistently. she always disliked it whenever he would keep secrets or be too afraid to share his feelings and thoughts with her.

jacob sighed, his attention back on the girl in his room. "i dont know, ive just been feeling kinda gloomy if that makes sense. my mind's all foggy and i cant help but feel like i wasted too much time and missed my chance" he confessed.

"missed your chance on what?" she asked him.

"i don't know. i keep trying to figure it out to the point where it's stressing me out" he replied. he was lying but at the same time he was telling the truth. he knew what it was but he had so many doubts in his mind and just wanted to deny everything.

the girl got up to sit on the edge of his bed and gently placed her hand on top of his own, "i know what you feel like right now, i really do. i also know that stressing about it is not going to get you anywhere, you have to just relax and it will come to you on its own" she adviced, "if you want you can stay here and just take a nap or do whatever you are most comfortable with or you can come downstairs and hang out with us and join our game night. whatever you decide to do, i completely understand and i'm sure the others will too".

noelle and jacob exchanged smiles, before the girl got up from her spot and made her way out of his room. jacob appreciated her so much. he admired her way with words and how helpful and wise she could be, even if it was only occasionally or rarely.
noelle blache had never been a very comforting or serious person, so it always meant a lot to everyone whenever she actually sat down with them and asked them to come to her with their problems.

after a few minutes of contemplating, jacob decided to make his way downstairs to join the game night where his friends were already playing uno. the boy had insisted that they start over so that he could play too. the eight of them had spent the night eating, playing games and even singing karaoke.
peyton and leyla had decided to perform fergalicious by fergie just so that the two girls could show off their oh so impressive rapping skills, whereas xolo and jacob sang don't stop believin' by journey, tanner and gianni sang YMCA by village people and mary and hannah sang hollaback girl by gwen stefani. at the end everyone had decided that peyton and noelle and tanner and gianni had tied.

˚⸙͎۪۫⋆

liked by thekingofstatenislan,missmarymmouser and 394

missmarymmouser and 394.410 others

thejacobbertrand i wish i could explain
this picture but i can't.

view all 11403 comments

username ohmygod

username this is disturbing tbfh

tannerbuchanan damn what that mouth
do 😩😩
thejacobbertrand come and find out

username TANNER SHDNDMEM

username i love it here

xolo_mariduena taken by yours truly
missmarymmouser thanks for croppin
me out i guess
xolo_mariduena big yikes man

username they're all together 🥺

kingofstatenisland i always knew karate mfs are fucking weirdos
thejacobbertrand ohmygod pete
DAVIDSON
noelleblanche ok ariana grande's ex
go off i guess 🙄❗
kingofstatenisland i hate this kid sm.

noelleblanche i look genuinely terrified
and i actually still am
thejacobbertrand just bc u have a tiny
mouth 🙄 jealous much
noelleblanche my? mouth? is? not?
tiny??? GTFO
thejacobbertrand THE LIES U TELL
gianni_decenzo i hate having to
witness this conversation.

__________________

HEY SHAWTIES

i hope u all are doing well <3

there's probably a few typos
bc i cannot bring myself to
proof read my attention span
is way too short.