9

Iwaizumi hit Matsukawa as soon as he said those words. Especially when he pointed at Haru across the hall and highlighted the word 'that'. Whining, he looked at the rest for help, which all of them backed off.

"That really hurt! Besides, you can do better than her!"

"She is like one of the best!" Iwaizumi whisper-shouted.

"Sure. A girl who only dates rich guys," Hanamaki butted in.

"What?" Kindaichi asked out of curiosity.

"She may be a gold digger," Hanamaki explained.

Not believing all this, Iwaizumi regretted asking for their help. Turning away to leave, he was stopped by Mad dog. Raising an eyebrow, he faced him.

"Be careful," he spoke.

Weird. Iwaizumi awkwardly pushed his hands away and got out of there. What were they talking about? Haru was a nice girl who is a normal girl. She did nothing wrong and she doesn't seem to be the type that digs for money. Besides, she's a student. Iwaizumi shook the crazy thoughts off his head that entered and made his way to his class.

It was pretty noticeable that Oikawa was glowing the next day. All his dark and gloomy aura had vanished and he seemed to be in a terribly good mood.

"An A+ on your quiz. As expected," his teacher complimented.

Oikawa shrugged it off like it was nothing and the rest couldn't help but wonder what made him so happy. He looks like one of those high school girls who just fell for a guy.

"What's with that pure smile today, Oikawa?" Matsukawa smirked.

"Yeah, looks like you fell in love all over again," Yahaba raised an eyebrow.

"My smile is always pure!" Oikawa glared.

"Yeah, that coming from you is already impure," Iwaizumi was suddenly by his side.

"Iwa-chan~!!!" Oikawa threw one hand over his shoulders.

How badly he wanted Iwaizumi's manly arms to embrace him and hold him by his waist. Anyways, Oikawa mentally slapped his forehead and went back to sighing dreamily. Kindaichi obviously knowing that look, he started to tease the older.

"Someone's got a crush!" He poked.

"Ah! Eeh! Stop! Kindaichi!" Oikawa tried to slap him away.

"Who is it. Not that I give a fuck but still," Mad dog spoke.

"He's someone really handsome," Oikawa batted his eyelashes.

Everyone cooed except for Iwaizumi. He listened quietly as Oikawa went on about his crush. He wasn't that specific but the way he explained his crush's personality was nerve wracking in ways. He had an urge to clutch onto his stomach but resisted it. Well, this is a new feeling he never felt before.

"What's he like?" Yahaba asked excitedly.

"He's mesmerizing. I can stare at him all day," Oikawa swooned.

While everyone was listening, Iwaizumi took the chance to slip out and find the table where Haru sat with her friends. The other girls eyed him with a flirtatious look while Iwaizumi gave them a sweet smile. This was way better than Oikawa rambling on about his crush... who didn't seem much to him anyways.

"Hi, Iwa-chan!" Haru giggled.

"Gurk," Iwaizumi clutched his stomach. There was that feeling again.

"Are you okay, Iwa-chan?" She held a concerned look.

"Could you not maybe... call me Iwa-chan?" He looked at her.

Oikawa spied on Iwaizumi with his peripheral vision while talking to his friends. He had gotten quite good at it as peripheral vision was also a part of volleyball training. Talking about their daily plans, Oikawa noticed someone else at the corner of his eyes. The guy was surrounded by a bunch of girls and Oikawa suddenly noticed who it was.

"Micheal? What is he doing here?"