Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Richie woke up the next morning thinking about the day before. Spent with Eddie. Maybe this project was a miracle in disguise. Richie would never have thought about catching up with Eddie until this project came their way. Eddie had somehow connected with Richie in a way no one ever had. Not even his family. It was a Saturday and Richie needed something to do. He wondered if someone might be able to talk with him right now. He wanted to know if he would be able to connect with the others as he connected with Eddie.

So Richie got into his car and drove to another part of town he hadn't been to in years. He got out and looked at the worn down apartment building, still knowing exactly which door to knock on. He climbed the stairs and knocked.

"Richie? What are you doing here?" Beverly Marsh asked as she opened the door.

"Hi Bev. I just wanted to talk. Is that okay?" he asked.

"Of course Rich. Come on in," Bev looked a lot different than she did when she was 13. Her hair had grown out to shoulder length, it was wavy and it was a deeper red. Her eyes were a brighter green. She was about 3 inches taller. There was only one way Richie could describe her; beautiful. He wondered how many guys were falling for her. They went into her room. Richie caught a glimpse at her dad on the couch watching tv. Luckily, her dad didn't notice him.

"So, what brings you here Rich?" Bev asked, sitting down on the edge of her bed. RIchie sat down on her desk chair.

"Well, in art, we have a project and we got random partners. I got Eddie. You know, Eddie Kaspbrak from 7th grade. We worked on the project at the library and then went to the football game and we really started talking. We connected. It was like we were best friends. I wanted to know if maybe the rest of us would be able to become friends again like Eddie and I did," Richie replied.

"Wow, that must've been really nice, talking with him again. That would be good, getting together with the old group again," Bev said thoughtfully.

"It was nice. That's what I was thinking," he said.

"You know, I could probably have you all over here tonight. My dad is going on an overnight work trip this afternoon. He won't be back until Monday morning. I still have Ben and Bill's contacts," Beverly said, planning it all out.

"I have Eddie's and I'm sure Bill has Stanley's contact and Ben probably has Mike's," Richie caught her drift.

"I'll text them right now. You text Eddie," she said as she got out her phone. Richie nodded and got his own phone.

You wanna come over to Bev's later tonight for a sleepover? We want to get the group back together

Richie waited for a response and within seconds, his phone buzzed.

What time should I come over?

Richie smiled. 13 year old Eddie would probably have said he needed to check with his mom first.

Come over at 4. Bring snacks. Richie texted.

Okay see you soon :)

"Okay Eddie's coming over at 4. What about Bill and Ben?" Richie said and looked up from his phone.

"Bill is coming at 4 and Ben is coming at 5. I don't know about the others but they both said they would tell me when Stan and Mike respond,"

"Great! We need to get some things. Snacks, games, movies, you know," Richie said, grinning. Bev smiled back. Bev might have changed a lot over the past few years but her smile was still the same, sparkling smile it was before. Richie was willing to bet 20 bucks that Ben would be starstruck by her when he saw her.