12 • bored

a.n.:

hi pookies i am so sorry it's been months. pretty excited to try to start this story up again so i hope some of u are still around lol
<3

 pretty excited to try to start this story up again so i hope some of u are still around lol<3

-

"i burn that gift to you, doll
and let it shine
before i get bored."

dahlia's pov

i hate this. i silently but aggressively typed my feelings into bubbles on my phone screen to send to my brother. they have me in here all by myself. suffocatingly quiet type shit. i sent a second text as i squeezed my knees together and glanced around myself again, just to quadruple check if there was a singular other breathing person in the room with me. damien's gray bubbled reply of you'll be fine, drama caught my attention just long enough to irritate me. i looked up again.

all i had to keep me company were the cameras, microphones, and various electronics sitting around waiting to be used for the group interview that i was beginning to think would never happen, but not a crew member from the magazine in sight. by the time half an hour passed, i was hoping to hear crickets or some kind of rickety-something hanging from the ceiling start to squeak. i would've taken the incessant ticking of a wall clock over this total silence. any type of noise at all. even the most obnoxious and unbearable.

the sudden creaking of untouched door hinges seemed to almost echo in the previously dead silent room, my eyes and head in the direction of its amplified sound. the tall figure in the threshold came in feet first by his long legs and dark boots, convincing the hopeful bit of my brain that it could've been either of my so-called colleagues that was joining me before the other; in other words, i still had some hope that i would be alone with chris, and not the man who i'd verbally and physically slapped in the face in the last seventy two hours.

"great." my ear somehow caught andy's one word grumble of annoyance from all the way across the room, just after watching his walk himself in, make half a second of eye contact with me and turn his head away.

"good morning to you too." i muttered before i leaned myself over my own knees to reach for the hot coffee cup sitting on the floor aligned with my ankles. choosing to take the ignore him and hope he just disappears route, i lifted my phone back up with my opposite hand and crossed one leg over the other, relaxing back into the terrible, terrible quiet i ironically found comforting all of sudden.

i reminded myself i'd rather listen to the ringing in my ears than the cat claws on chalkboard that was the deep voice coming from the other side of the floor. i perked up at the perfectly timed buzz against my palm, my eyes darting to the notification at the top of my screen.

chris :)
hey, running late. let everyone know i'm sorry please lol.

you and everyone else lmao. it's just me and fuck face right now. i typed with no more than a few seconds hesitation.