2) GeraltxJaskier Out of Time

Fandom: The Witcher (Specifically: Tv Show)
Pairing: Geralt of Rivia x Jaskier
⚠️Warning⚠️
Angst/hurt- no comfort
Major Character Death
Minor Cussing (two words)
Blood (don't read if blood bothers you it gets described minorly)
Suicide
⚠️Warning⚠️
This is a song fic by the way guys.
(Listen to the song while reading for maximum angst)

(Jaskier's Point of View)

"If I die young bury me in Satin."

It's been three months since that damned mountain three months since I left my love, muse, and best friend, Geralt; three months since he ripped my heart out. Three months since I've seen or heard about my- The Witcher. I miss him dearly. Even though it has been three months, his words still haunt me. "If life could give me one blessing it would be to take you off my hands." They still sting. I thought we had something we have been together for ten years he always left me for the violet-eyed sorceress, Yennefer. I can't compare to her. She's beautiful, powerful, but most importantly, immortal. I'm fragile and mortal. How could I think that Geralt could love me more than her?

"Lay me down on a bed of roses."

(Geralt's Point of View)

"Life ain't what you think it ought to be."

It's been three months since I said those sixteen words that broke apart mine and Jaskier's relationship of ten years.
"If life could give me one blessing it would be to take you off my hands." I didn't mean them. I want to apologize to my... the bard. He deserves an apology. I shouldn't have said those words to him. I was just frustrated over losing Yenn and then I said that and I lost him too. I didn't think he'd leave me too. He always stayed. I got to find my... the bard. He isn't mine anymore. I got to apologize to him. See if he'll take me back.

(Jaskier's Point of view)

"Sink me in the River at dawn send me away with the words of a love song."

If I couldn't do anything right then I'll do something right by Geralt. I just got to finish this letter.

"Dearest Geralt, I wish you nothing but the best. I hope you find our dearest Cirilla. I still love you with all the broken pieces of my heart. I'll do it right by you. Take myself off your hands. You'll never have to worry about yours truly. Take care of our darling beloved Roach. I love you, dearheart. With this letter, I shall say that I Julian Alfred Pankratz, Viscount de Lettenhove, am now deceased. I'm granting you your blessing Geralt.
Goodbye Dearheart.
Your's truly,
Jaskier."
I take the letter and put it on the nightstand Geralt will see it.

"The Sharp Knife of a short life."

(Third person point of View)

"Never known the loving of man but it sure felt nice when he was holding my hand."

Geralt had just entered a small town looking for Jaskier. Geralt wanted- no needed to apologize to Jaskier. Geralt has been tracking Jaskier's faint scent of Buttercups and Chamomile for three weeks and as Geralt neared the Tavern on Roach. Geralt smelled the faint scent of Buttercups and Chamomile getting stronger. Jaskier. He was near. Geralt was so glad to be so near to Jaskier. Just as Geralt was glad to be so close to Jaskier he heard the sharp shrill scream of a woman. He then noticed the smell of blood lots of blood, not just any blood, Jaskier's blood. Then the horrible stench of death.

"Who would've thought that forever would be severed by."

(Geralt's Point of View)