chapter 12

⚠️warning... sensitive material.⚠️

~~~~~~

Danielle sat on the couch Felicity's words ringing in her head.
Her mother served tea to her and everyone while her father and sister were in some serious discussion.
The parlour doors flew open, everyone gasped when they saw Caspian walking in carrying Felicity's lifeless body in his arms covered in her dark blood.

"Caspian whats going on? Who is this girl? What happened to her." His father almost rushed his side when a hand on his shoulder stopped him, he looked back to see his older daughter Aria shake her head.
He nodded, trusting his daughter's judgement. Aria saw her brother's eyes, as he stared at Danielle with the eyes of a man who has lost everything.

He laid Felicity's body near the fireplace pulling her head in his lap.
"You were cold my darling this will warm you up." His voice broke into light sobs.
He stroked her hair with his bloodied fingers as his tears fell on her cold cheek.
Everyone watched him silence afraid to even make a sound lest it would break him, Danielle rolled her eyes arrogantly

"All she ever wanted from me was to meet my family, look love here they are all of them.
Even the cruel one who took your life."
He gently moved a stray lock from her face and kissed her forehead.
"What do you mean son." His mother asked softly.
"Ask Dani she will tell you everything." He said not looking up, his eyes never leaving Felicity's face, as if she will fade away if his eyes left her.

Aria looked at Danielle "what does he mean Dani."
"I don't know what he is babbling and who is this woman."
Caspian gave her a death glare and tossed the bone knife towards her feet.
Her father looked at her in surprise "you took this knife to study it!"
"This doesn't prove anything" Danielle shouted.
Caspian leaned down and pried open Felicity's fist revealing a cluster of blonde curls.
"Do you still deny killing Felicity and my unborn child!" His eyes blazed.
"You stole everything from me and now I will take the one thing you want" His fist tightened around the hilt of his own dagger.
"Remember Dani....I will never forgive you." Tears flowed harder down his ethereal face.
"Never!" With that he plunged the dagger into his chest piercing his heart.
Everyone screamed and ran towards him, only to be halted by his raised hand stopping them from getting closer "Dont! Hah!"
He pulled Felicity up in his lap and kissed her lips "I love...you... Fe..my lovely..Fe"
Holding her body he close, he buried his face in her hair and let himself go, his hand fell from her face lifeless.

Danielle fell to her knees in shock.
Her mother wailed for her son. 

Everyone was startled out of their shock and grief as the doors flew out of their hinges and the sorceress entered in her glorious fury.

"Just as I thought he took his own life." She walked up to Danielle and slapped her hard across the cheek.
"Insolent fool! Look what you did you did! not only took two but three lives in your jealousy. You will be punished for your heartless crime. You destroyed our century worth of efforts towards peace" Another sound of a slap echoed.
Aria stood aside looking tearfully at her brother and Felicity.
The king clutched his heart sobbing behind his wife who was frantically shaking her son for him to wake up.
'Dani went too far this time, any punishment would be less for her.' Aria turned to look at her sister with scorn.
Danielle looked away she couldn't bear to meet anyone's eyes.

A quil ran smoothly writting every word down over a parchment floating in the air by itself documenting every word of the sorceress.
The sorceress looked at the king who sat clutching his chest grieving for his son.
Danielle was prostrate on the floor sobbing.
The sorceress walked up to her and pulled her up by her hair.
"Look around you Danielle are you satisfied with what you have done. So much grief, so much anguish and for what just so you can get your heart's desire even if it meant destroying so many lives!" She let go of her in disgust.
Danielle was sobbing but the sorceress knew she was only crying for Caspian.