Chapter 5

CW: Mention of depression and self harm

5th October 1995

Tonks didn't know what to tell Charlie. How could she explain? She's been thinking about someone way too much. It wasn't her fault. Remus had a mysterious and interesting past. His werewolf condition. He was funny, sarcastic and chaotic when he needed and other times calmed, serious and rather sad. 

Besides, Remus and Tonks had become very close friends. They teased each other. They laughed on meetings and they talked about silly things when they got the chance. 

"Dora!" Remus had said after one of their afternoon meetings. Remus and Tonks usually stayed for dinner.

"Lupin!" Tonks answered in the same tone.

"It's too late sweetheart. Your parents are going to start wondering were you are"

This was another thing of theirs. Remus claimed Tonks was too young. And she claimed he was too old. 

"I don't know. They might be wondering the same thing on the nursing home" 

Sirius laughed hard. He was drinking again. He did that mostly every day. Tonks smiled and Remus rolled his eyes.

"What side are you on Pads?" Remus asked him.

"She is right Moony" Sirius said sipping his drink. "Look at your gray hair" 

"Shut up!" Remus said trying not to smile.

"Yep" Tonks agreed. Indeed Remus had grey hair. But it was cute. 

"All I'm saying is that you are slow, you get scared by loud noises.... "

"You're older than me, you wanker!"

"Not in spirit"

Remus smiled giving Sirius his middle finger. Sirius blow him as kiss. Tonks had to look away. It seemed so private. 

"This is your fault Dora!" Remus said pointing at her.

"What did I do?" Tonks smiled innocently. 

Remus gently pushed her with his hip. 

"Little brat" he said

"Old bogger!"

"Alright everyone, dinner is almost ready" Molly said coming in with a big smile on her face "It would be just us and Kingsley I'm afraid. Arthur is busy at work and my sons seem they had forgotten about me..." she sighed "SIRIUS!" she said when she saw him "BLOODY HELL. STOP WITH THAT AWFUL HABBIT!" 

Molly took his drink and threw it in the sink.

"Molly!" Sirius protested 

"Drinking is bad Sirius" Remus said

"You use to be fun Moony!" Sirius stood up and left like a little kid.

Remus rolled his eyes.

"Anyway Tonks darling" Molly continued "Help me set the table"

"What about them?" Tonks protested pointing to Remus.

"I can help" Remus suggested 

"Nonsense. Tonks and I will manage" Molly said "Why don't you go and check if Sirius found another bottle?"

Honestly. This woman stood by gender norms. She always asked women to help her. But men got out easily. Remus left the kitchen raising his shoulders and smiling. Fucking wanker. Tonks put out her tongue.