Part 1 - Chapter 11

Isla de Muerta stood before them covered in a fog just as thick as before. It was nearly impossible to see anything without the sunlight though. The moon was high in the sky, blocked out by the clouds and fog, making the already earie waterway seem even worse. Caroline had to wonder how they ever managed to get through the obstacles of sunken ships without hitting them. It seemed Jack's compass could do the impossible.

Things were finally coming to a close and Caroline was left on board, stuck watching and waiting. Meanwhile, Norrington and his men had taken Jack, ready to enact their plan against Barbossa and his crew. The waiting was driving her crazy, not knowing what may be happening. And to make things worse, she was basically a prisoner. Her father had made arrangements beforehand to have her out of the way. With the agreement of Norrington, she was locked in the captain's quarters with nothing but her mind to keep her occupied.

Resting with her back along the wall, she sat on the floor, staring at the ceiling. She would need to get out eventually, but she knew she needed to wait long enough that no one would be checking on her. The door would be out of the question but if she found a way to climb down from the rear balcony, she could get out.

The door flew open then, startling her out of her thoughts as she looked over to see Elizabeth being brought inside, curtesy of Gillette and two other men.

"Sorry, but it's for your own safety!" Gillette called after her from the doorway.

I don't care what the Commodore ordered!" Elizabeth shouted back after she was released, turning back towards the door. "I have to tell him, the pirates, they're cursed! They can't be killed!"

Wide-eyed, Caroline stood up quickly in shock. Jack hadn't told them about the curse? What was he thinking?

Mocking her words, Gillette replied, "Don't worry miss, he's already informed of that. A little mermaid flopped up on deck and told him the whole story." The door shut behind him.

"This is Jack Sparrow's doing," Elizabeth snapped as she glared at door.

Taking tentative steps towards the fuming Elizabeth, Caroline still needed answers. "The crew know nothing about the curse?"

"No. They're going in blind and now we're both stuck in here. I know Jack did this."

Unable to defend him, Caroline chose to move on instead. "You tried to warn them. Now we just need to find our own way out. I don't know what he is planning but we have other options for help. If Will is here, the crew should be as well."

Elizabeth turned around as she realized her plan, nodding in agreement. "If we can get to the Pearl, we can find the crew and rescue Will."

"Exactly. We just have to leave when no one will notice," she finished with a gesture towards the window.

Caroline and Elizabeth sat in silence as they rowed towards the Black Pearl in the distance. They weren't willing to be heard as they escaped. The last thing they needed was someone spotting their boat, thinking they were an enemy. Thankfully it wasn't long before she pulled up beside the Pearl, looking up as they found a way to climb up. Very little noise was heard from the ship, aside from one conversation drifting out of an opening. Luck was on their side now that they knew where the lookouts were for the ship.

With careful steps, they made their way across the deck. Amidst the silence, and screech broke through as a skeletal monkey dropped right in front of them. Elizabeth waited no time to let her annoyance be known before she found the nearest object to hit it with, sending it over the side of the ship. Both of them peered over the edge as they followed the monkey's fall as it landed on the cannon, right outside the area they knew the pirates were. Ready to move forward, the girls shared a look as they heard a splash. The pirates must have heard some of that.