Chapter III

School took all my time. It took my day and it took my night. The day is filled with attending classes letting the teachers know my talents and trying to follow up on homework.

While I was trying to concentrate on my essay on Belladonna, it's leaf's and berries when a housemate called on me.

"Do you wanna hang out"

"Can't, I still have homework to do"

"Why don't you spend time with us", he sighed too loud for my patience today.

I snarled back, "Just told you: homework"

"Hmm", he said not convinced at all.

Pissed off by his ignorance I went out of the common room, crawled into my blankets and pillows and sulked for what felt like hours on end.

Before I knew flowed it in with people. After wondering about it for some time, I found out why: they all had dinner. I wasn't hungry at all, honestly, I couldn't even feel my stomach. I felt numb.

Even though I practically used all my day studying, I wasn't done. Writing those last lines on my paper on spells trough time, I felt a rush of energy through my body. I needed to do something else, but I didn't feel like going to bed. I thought of an idea you can only expect from me after using all my time on schoolwork: schoolwork. I read the last pages of a book I had to read till next week and I read a couple of chapters in an essay about a Chinese plant.

Subsequently, I tried to raise my mood. I just had to get out of this feeling. I had to get out. Sneaking off out the common room, I did not need to be quit. We all did this all the time, and we all knew not to tell the others. If you forgot, we had a little reminder note on the pin-up board:

To no surprise at all, it was cursed, so it only showed to people who wouldn't tell

To no surprise at all, it was cursed, so it only showed to people who wouldn't tell. Prefects and teachers saw this cute little image. Not that I thought that anyone would believe that this wasn't a cover-up, but I didn't make the decision to have it look like this:

I peeked the corner and then I was where I wanted to be; the astronomy tower Here I could breathe, like really breathe

I peeked the corner and then I was where I wanted to be; the astronomy tower Here I could breathe, like really breathe. Air flushing in and out of my lungs, my mind cleared up, only disturbed by the muffled sound of steps. Coming closer by the second, I decided to go hide. I quickly found a place where no one could see me if I squatted, and looked out to see who was going to be my guest.

A c student with tangled hair and a cocky smile stepped forward. There was no doubt about who this was. I would be able to remember that hair at a distance of multiple kilometres. The Gryffindor. Alexia's friend. Though I didn't remember the name, so when I stepped out of my hiding spot I did the most clever thing I could think of in a matter of seconds.

"Never thought I'd meet you at this place, in this time of day. You can call me Izzy, nice to meet ya"

When he came to himself after the shock, he stammered: "Erh, nice to meet you too. I'm Owen Bisset"

We both could not close an eye. For his part it was quidditch. He was a great player and surprisingly enough he didn't brag even a little bit while talking about this big hobby of his. By the time we were done talking and I can't believe I'm thinking this bonding with the Gryffindor it was way later than unholy hours.

I never came late to class, and this day was no different. I did run though, which I greatly regret when I sweaty as hell sat down for today's first module: the study of ancient runes.

Even before the teacher came into the class, he gave me the worst news I could imagine. No, that was a lie, my imagination is real good or bad. I honestly don't know. Anyway, it sure wasn't good news.

I must've forgotten to cause a Hufflepuff sitting next to me introduced himself. His name is Elijah Kai Magoro, but I didn't listen. While he talked about himself and whatever he thought about it all, I tried figuring out why he talked to me. I could not seem to figure it out. When it seemed like he was done, I questioned him in my sweetest voice.

"Many don't dare try to start a conversation with a Slytherin. What makes you cross this?"

"You seemed to be in a bad mood, so I tried to distract you for well, uhm whatever"

"Oh, well. I didn't mean to show my emotions"

"... you didn't mean to have emotions"

"If I could cancel my subscriptions, It would've been done a long time ago. Enough small talk, don't you think?"

He seemed to have trouble finding the right words "oh yeah sure, just one thing. What is your name?"

Having heard this question a hundred times and always responding the same, I might've sounded like a robot, but I didn't care for it.

"Isabella, but that name is nauseating so don't call me that. Izzy is reserved for my closest friends. I give you the right to say it, you don't want to cross me"

"Understood, princess", he smiled before walking over to a group of other Hufflepuff students. That sly fucker. He really thought he was smooth, while I didn't want to admit it, I felt the need to. He was incredibly smooth.

I was studying for the test in ancient runes. I went into hardcore studying more. While doing that I didn't eat enough so Elijah, a friendly Hufflepuff pulled me to the great hall to eat by my wrist. I would have resisted, I did a lot, but he was just too strong for me and he knew me too well to let me be able to use my nails. Alexia and Owen, her Gryffindor friend saw it all from the Gryffindor table, much afar.

Elijah said he wouldn't leave me if I didn't start eating. I was tired of all the attention I got, so reluctantly I ate.

Owen whispered "She-sh... Is she dancing?"

"Hmm", alexia hummed, not caring much.

"She wouldn't want people to see that, should I tell her?"

"No please don't, that's attitude leaving her body", she said abruptly, stopping Owen from causing a disaster.