Untitled Part 2

I could feel his breathe on my neck, as he seemed to involuntarily linger there for a second. I just wanted to curl up in his arms and drink him in. I was frustrated at how my body betrayed me and seemed to want to melt into him. As I turned around he slowly raised his hands in front of him in a sort of peaceful gesture, stepping back to lean against the adjacent car. We stood there in an awkward form of limbo for what felt like hours both of us getting completely saturated in the in-suing rain. It felt like my heart was going to pound itself right out of my chest. The look in his eyes made him appear dejected and fragile but it couldn't change the fact that I still had a steady dose of fear when it came to him. It was then that I became aware of the car keys dangling from his fingers. Damn I hadn't even felt them being taken.

"Can I please have my keys" my voice only steady due to my irritation briefly breaking my fear. Why was I saying please they were my keys. I should not have to ask for them like a child. It was another few seconds before I saw his body relax and move to hand them back. I flinched slightly. He just sighed placed them down on the ground between us turned and seem to disappear. It took me a few seconds before I could convince my body to do anything. Only when a sudden flash of thunder broke through my trance could I finally bring my mind back around. I slowly slid down the side of the car collapsing onto the watered ground. It was then that I noticed that it wasn't only rainwater streaming down my face, when had I started crying. I was stuck I couldn't handle staying and at the same time I couldn't bring myself to want to leave. I'm not sure how long I sat there but it must have been at least twenty minutes or so. I was brought back around when I felt hands on the small of my back and sliding under my knees. Before realizing what I was doing I was lashing out hitting and connecting with whatever part I could reach. After about a minute I felt myself being pulled into a strange sort of embrace with my chest and his being used as a sort of cage to seize and pin my flailing arms. This also twisted my upper body to render my legs useless in my effort to kick out.

"Stop fighting me, just stop. Stop fighting me please" I heard his familiar voice softly whisper in my ear over the sound of the rain and my labored breathing. He waited for me to truly hear him and stop jerking my body. I didn't know if I stopped because of on some level what he was saying was registering with my brain or because I was just too tired to continue the fight. Either way once I gave up exhausted I felt him once again slide his hands under my knees and back slowly to lift and rest me genteelly on his chest. Before I knew it the rain stopped hitting me and I realized he had carried me back inside.

"I'm so sorry" He whispered. I felt his lips lightly touch my forehead and I briefly glimpsed the narrow hall as the elevator doors closed before drifting off away from the waking world that no longer made any sense to me.