Guilt

Disclaimer: I don't own Ninjago, just the story.

Nadakhan poofed with Jay to a place that the blue ninja remembers all too way.

"Welcome back to Misfortune's Keep, blue ninja," Nadakhan said.

"What do you want this time, Nadakhan?" Jay spat, trying to hide his fear.

"Revenge."  Nadakhan floated in circles around Jay.  "You defeated me last time and turned my crew against me.  Now, they have no memories of what happened and trust me blindly yet again.  I know that the memories of your time on Misfortune's Keep have haunted you.  I want you to relive that torture.  I will break you this time."

"I doubt that."  Jay glared at his captor.  He knew that this time was going to be a lot worse than last time, but he knew that his friends will find him.  He just has to hold on until they find him.

"Fine.  Have it your way.  I believe it's time for a round of Scrap 'n' Tap."

The Destiny's Bounty

"I can't believe you two!" Nya yelled at Cole and Kai as they walked into the control room of the Bounty.

"How were we supposed to know that Nadakhan would be watching us and would decide to take his revenge on Jay?!" Kai yelled back.

"Maybe you shouldn't have forced him to choose dare in the first place!"

"Break it up you two!" Lloyd yelled as he got in between the siblings.  "Now is not the time point fingers."

"This wouldn't have happened if they hadn't forced Jay to pick dare!  He would've picked truth, Cole would've given him some question to answer, and we would've all been together for when Nadakhan decided to show himself!"

"I know, Nya."  Lloyd attempted to calm her down.  "But I'm sure they already feel bad enough about it and our first priority should be finding him."

Zane was watching the three ninjas and realized that someone else was missing.  Cole.  'He must have slipped away while Nya was yelling at Kai,' Zane thought.  He walked out to the deck of the Bounty and found Cole looking over the edge.  They were already in the air since they had called PIXAL to pick them up in the Bounty and she took off as soon as they boarded.  "Cole?"

Cole jumped a little and turned to see Zane.  "Zane!  Don't sneak up on me like that!"

"My apologies.  I was with the others and noticed that you were not there.  What are you doing out here?"

"I just thought that everyone might be better off if I wasn't there right now."  Cole turned back to looking over the edge of the Bounty.

"What makes you say that?"  Zane didn't understand how Cole thought that the team would be better off without him when they were already down a member.

"Nya's right.  It's all my fault.  I'm the one that gave him that stupid dare."

"You did not know what would happen.  You cannot blame yourself."

"I still shouldn't have teased him about picking truth.  If I just let him pick truth, he never would've been out in the forest alone, and he wouldn't have been captured by Nadakhan.  I feel like such a bad friend."

"You are not a bad friend."

Cole sighed.  "Everything that Jay and Nya told us about Nadakhan sounds awful.  Jay might not have actually mentioned what happened on Nadakhan's ship, but according to Nya, it was bad and it will probably be ten times worse now!  Sometimes I wish that I could still remember that erased timeline.  Then, I would know how bad it really was."

"Just because we do not remember it does not mean that we cannot still help them.  Right now, we all need to be working together if we are going to find Jay."

Cole looked up at Zane and nodded.

"Let's see if the others found anything yet."  Cole and Zane walked back into the control room.

Misfortune's Keep

Jay was back in the same cell he was in the last time he was on the Misfortune's Keep.  Scrap 'n' Tap went as well as you would probably guess.  He took a heavy beating until he passed out and they dragged him to the cell.  They put the vengestone ball and chain on him so he couldn't use his powers.  He didn't really remember it much though.  He guessed that he probably took a hard hit to the head.

He tried to move, but found it extremely painful.  Old memeories of what happened in the erased timeline came flooding back to him.  Memories that he has tried for so long to suppress for so long.  He never let anyone see how much everything had affected him, not even Nya.  Nya knew he was tortured, but not the extent of the torture.  Nya also knew he had nightmares about it, but that's all he told her.  He still wouldn't tell anyone after they told the others.  Whenever anyone asked, he would given them vague answers.  He didn't want to worry them.  He also wanted to try and forget it and worked hard on suppressing as many memories as he could of his time on Misfortune's Keep.  Now, he was back on the same ship he wanted to forget, being tortured once again by the same djinn that has haunted his dreams for years now.

Nadakhan appeared in front of him.  "I see you have woken up," he said.

"What now?" Jay asked.  "More Scrap 'n' Tap?"  Jay tried not to show Nadakhan that he was afraid.  He wasn't going to give the djinn that satisfaction.

"Not right now.  I thought I would give you a breather before the real fun begins."

"How thoughtful of you," Jay said sarcastically.

"You might want to get some rest tonight because tomorrow...that's when the real fun begins."  Nadakhan poofed away and left Jay alone in the cell once again.

'I can do this.  I can do this,' Jay repeated that phrase like a mantra in his head.  He wasn't going to let Nadakhan win.  He wouldn't let that djinn break him.  He survived Nadakhan's torture before and he will again.  He will not give in to that evil djinn.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed!